Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 08:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 14 - Dec. 7 vs. Dallas  (Read 10717 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #130 on: Dec 07, 2008 at 20:32 »

Could we get down to #5 on this list?

http://football.about.com/cs/football101/a/nfl_tiebreakers.htm
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #131 on: Dec 07, 2008 at 21:38 »

Ya Hope Tenn. gets the 1 seed.  I will drive to the AFC championship if we play there.
Two jerk teams in a row; lets make it three next week!

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #132 on: Dec 07, 2008 at 22:10 »

Is it to early to start talking about this being the greatest D ever?  No team has ever finished #1 in all three top D categories.  WOW

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #133 on: Dec 07, 2008 at 23:04 »

A few things i learned from this game:

1.  While fat previously, Wade Phillips looked extremely george costanzaish in his puff ball jacket.  he is THAT fat.

2.  TO is the biggest most shelfish asshole on this planet.  I knew this coming into the game, but watching his reactions go from high elations since he got his stats to extreme anger and frustrations after he wasnt the chosen player on the Cowboys final drive was epic to say the least.

3.  Nate washington is kind of good.  sure he drops some passes here and there, but he has been coming up with some clutch grabs the last few weeks sustaining drives and leading us to points.  the way the O has gone some games, his work has been remarkable.  Plus his high jump off the turf really fired the crowd up BIG time.  nate served up a nice shit sandwhich to the cowboy D on that one

4.  Referees are so Pro-Cowboy it is pathetic.  TO should have had at least 5 personal foul calls against him.  The Cowboys DBs were grabbing wayyyyyy beyond the 5 yard cushion almost every time ben dropped back. hell, there were 2 freakin Illegal contacts on one play against Heat and Ward that went uncalled.  WTF?  Thought there was a very quick whistle on the Pacman fumble.  hell the dude came out of the pile without the freakin ball FFS.  Harrison getting held ALOT.  I dont complain about refffin since both teams deal with it.  but this game, the only team i saw benefitting from calls was on the boys side.  I dont really care for the demonstration penalties after TDs, but TO and whomever he was dirty dancin with after his should have received a flag.  If the stripes are going to stick with that mother effin tuck rule to the grave, they better stay the course and call em ALL by the mother effin book.

5.  Bruce Arians is killing this Offense.  I dont care how many times you attempt to run FWP up the gut, its not gonna get you much.  Teams are really gearing up against the steelers Rush O and its been showing.  Moore...FWP...Moore again...FWP...make up your mind already.  every team isnt like the patriots, stay with the guy who is at least getting positive yards for the game.  Moore should had more.  When Ben and #10 hooked up for the 40+ completion, i was on my feet in my living room screaming to go no huddle.  the first chance we had all game to get them back on their heels and they huddle up.  and im willing to wager that it was Ben who called the audible to Heat for the TD

6.  James Harrison still eats babies for breakfast.  When james Harrison tells you it was he that called a timeout, you better not second guess him Mr. Romo.  Fuck you and that smug smile of yours, howd that game winning drive of yours turn out there bub?

7.  I dont think the OL played that bad this game.  I saw only one play where the interior got blown up and Ben sacked.  didnt see too many false starts or holding calls at all.  most of the sacks i thought were of the coverage variety.  which of course goes back to item #4 of the pro-cowboy refs.  Umm its illegal contact after 5 fellas.

8.  Tasters Choice caught some lucky breaks with his chunks of yardage this game.  Sure he had a nice game, but thought Dickie whiffed a few times when we had them on second and long a few times and they pulled out the Draw card.  He had some nice YAC on his flip ball from Romo as well, but guess what? it should have come back...Roy Williams was holding one of our DBs. uncalled BTW

9. Mike Tomlin, come on man...what were you thinking on the 4th and goal call???  kick the 3 next time and steeler nation will be ever so grateful.  I know you want to drive a stake into the heart of the Dallas D and show your fortitute, your mettle, or whatever cliche you like saying all the time.  but know when to take the safe route, lick your wounds and come back fighting the next time.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #134 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 01:41 »

Ya Hope Tenn. gets the 1 seed.  I will drive to the AFC championship if we play there.
Two jerk teams in a row; lets make it three next week!

Me too.... we struggle at Hienz.  I have no idea why.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #135 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 07:31 »

Could we get down to #5 on this list?

It's too bad we don't have a BCS-type system for the NFL playoffs.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #136 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 07:44 »

A few things i learned from this game:

1.  While fat previously, Wade Phillips looked extremely george costanzaish in his puff ball jacket.  he is THAT fat.

Looked like the friggin' Michelin man.  10 bucks says this gets mentioned by Easterbrook in TMQ.  BTW, I've been loving Mike Tomlin sportin' the unzipped jacket/no hat in these games where it's -478 degrees.  Matches our sleeveless defense.

3.  Nate washington is kind of good.  sure he drops some passes here and there, but he has been coming up with some clutch grabs the last few weeks sustaining drives and leading us to points.  the way the O has gone some games, his work has been remarkable.  Plus his high jump off the turf really fired the crowd up BIG time.  nate served up a nice shit sandwhich to the cowboy D on that one

I am still not a fan of Nate.  I think he is way too inconsistent and we try too hard to get him the ball at times.

4.  Referees are so Pro-Cowboy it is pathetic.  TO should have had at least 5 personal foul calls against him.  The Cowboys DBs were grabbing wayyyyyy beyond the 5 yard cushion almost every time ben dropped back. hell, there were 2 freakin Illegal contacts on one play against Heat and Ward that went uncalled.  WTF?  Thought there was a very quick whistle on the Pacman fumble.  hell the dude came out of the pile without the freakin ball FFS.  Harrison getting held ALOT.  I dont complain about refffin since both teams deal with it.  but this game, the only team i saw benefitting from calls was on the boys side.  I dont really care for the demonstration penalties after TDs, but TO and whomever he was dirty dancin with after his should have received a flag.  If the stripes are going to stick with that mother effin tuck rule to the grave, they better stay the course and call em ALL by the mother effin book.

Par for the course.  I'm sure we'll send plenty of tape to the league, but we seem to be in some kind of pissing match with them so I don't expect things to change. 

6.  James Harrison still eats babies for breakfast.  When james Harrison tells you it was he that called a timeout, you better not second guess him Mr. Romo.  Fuck you and that smug smile of yours, howd that game winning drive of yours turn out there bub?

I saw one running play where JH was horse-collared, no call.  Can you imagine how many sacks that dude would have if he wasn't getting held?  Or, how our yardage totals would look if the refs actually called holding?

8.  Tasters Choice caught some lucky breaks with his chunks of yardage this game.  Sure he had a nice game, but thought Dickie whiffed a few times when we had them on second and long a few times and they pulled out the Draw card.  He had some nice YAC on his flip ball from Romo as well, but guess what? it should have come back...Roy Williams was holding one of our DBs. uncalled BTW

Let Choice have his yards.  We were clearly focused on other things.  He had a nice game, but he wasn't going to kill us like TO, Whiten, or Williams might have.

9. Mike Tomlin, come on man...what were you thinking on the 4th and goal call???  kick the 3 next time and steeler nation will be ever so grateful.  I know you want to drive a stake into the heart of the Dallas D and show your fortitute, your mettle, or whatever cliche you like saying all the time.  but know when to take the safe route, lick your wounds and come back fighting the next time.

As I've said for several weeks, our goalline offense has turned me into a Cowher:  Take the points!

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #137 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 09:48 »

BTW, I've been loving Mike Tomlin sportin' the unzipped jacket/no hat in these games where it's -478 degrees.

I guess it looks tough, but when he has a winter coat zipped up under the "over" winter coat, it loses some of its zest.  I noticed that last week and thought he roomed with Mr. Gump who also got him dressed for the game.

I know Tomlin is a young guy and a new coach but I don't like the coach jumping and chest bumping the players.  Someone has to be the steady-Eddie, IMHO.  Just old school I guess.

Phillips did look like the Jack-o-latern head that he is.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #138 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 10:34 »

I know Tomlin is a young guy and a new coach but I don't like the coach jumping and chest bumping the players.  Someone has to be the steady-Eddie, IMHO.  Just old school I guess.

At least he's not spitting on them or kissing them.  Grin

I'm not a huge fan of the chest-bump thing; but, last year he caught a lot of heat for being too calm, too unemotional.  I'm not saying that YOU said that, but I heard that from a lot of of fans.  Kinda hard to find a happy medium for everyone.

Phillips did look like the Jack-o-latern head that he is.

He was sporting the Costanza Gortex Un-advertised Special.  BTW, how cold was it at game time?

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #139 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 12:25 »

I think it was about 27 degrees, with a wind chill taking it down to 9 degrees.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 ... 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: