A few things i learned from this game:
1. While fat previously, Wade Phillips looked extremely george costanzaish in his puff ball jacket. he is THAT fat.
Looked like the friggin' Michelin man. 10 bucks says this gets mentioned by Easterbrook in TMQ. BTW, I've been loving Mike Tomlin sportin' the unzipped jacket/no hat in these games where it's -478 degrees. Matches our sleeveless defense.
3. Nate washington is kind of good. sure he drops some passes here and there, but he has been coming up with some clutch grabs the last few weeks sustaining drives and leading us to points. the way the O has gone some games, his work has been remarkable. Plus his high jump off the turf really fired the crowd up BIG time. nate served up a nice shit sandwhich to the cowboy D on that one
I am still not a fan of Nate. I think he is way too inconsistent and we try too hard to get him the ball at times.
4. Referees are so Pro-Cowboy it is pathetic. TO should have had at least 5 personal foul calls against him. The Cowboys DBs were grabbing wayyyyyy beyond the 5 yard cushion almost every time ben dropped back. hell, there were 2 freakin Illegal contacts on one play against Heat and Ward that went uncalled. WTF? Thought there was a very quick whistle on the Pacman fumble. hell the dude came out of the pile without the freakin ball FFS. Harrison getting held ALOT. I dont complain about refffin since both teams deal with it. but this game, the only team i saw benefitting from calls was on the boys side. I dont really care for the demonstration penalties after TDs, but TO and whomever he was dirty dancin with after his should have received a flag. If the stripes are going to stick with that mother effin tuck rule to the grave, they better stay the course and call em ALL by the mother effin book.
Par for the course. I'm sure we'll send plenty of tape to the league, but we seem to be in some kind of pissing match with them so I don't expect things to change.
6. James Harrison still eats babies for breakfast. When james Harrison tells you it was he that called a timeout, you better not second guess him Mr. Romo. Fuck you and that smug smile of yours, howd that game winning drive of yours turn out there bub?
I saw one running play where JH was horse-collared, no call. Can you imagine how many sacks that dude would have if he wasn't getting held? Or, how our yardage totals would look if the refs actually called holding?
8. Tasters Choice caught some lucky breaks with his chunks of yardage this game. Sure he had a nice game, but thought Dickie whiffed a few times when we had them on second and long a few times and they pulled out the Draw card. He had some nice YAC on his flip ball from Romo as well, but guess what? it should have come back...Roy Williams was holding one of our DBs. uncalled BTW
Let Choice have his yards. We were clearly focused on other things. He had a nice game, but he wasn't going to kill us like TO, Whiten, or Williams might have.
9. Mike Tomlin, come on man...what were you thinking on the 4th and goal call??? kick the 3 next time and steeler nation will be ever so grateful. I know you want to drive a stake into the heart of the Dallas D and show your fortitute, your mettle, or whatever cliche you like saying all the time. but know when to take the safe route, lick your wounds and come back fighting the next time.
As I've said for several weeks, our goalline offense has turned me into a Cowher: Take the points!