Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 21, 2014 at 03:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 [15] 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 14 - Dec. 7 vs. Dallas  (Read 10476 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #140 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 15:41 »

Anybody else catch the shot of that shirtless dude that poured a Gatorade-like bucket filled with what looked like water and ice all over himself?

Fuckin' wacko.

Ugly win.  The offense is like drivin' an '84 Accord.  Sometimes the transmission kicks in and it goes and sometimes, it just sits there reving out at 8,000 RPMs and doesn't move.  While certain aspects of that group (O-line, Ben, WP, WRs, etc.) have been up and down this year, there has been one relatively reliable constant.  Arians.  Consistently shitty.  When you see a guy like Cam Cameron (a guy I really liked this past offseason to replace Arians) working wonders with that rook QB Flacco and essentially the same offensive cast of characters that they've had for years in Baltimore, it's incredibly frustrating to see Bruce continually run the Pittsburgh unit into the ground.  He is so holding this group back. 

In a sick, demented way, I almost wish that Pittsburgh doesn't go deep in the playoffs because I see essentially the same thing happening again this year that occurred late in '07.  Team makes a deep run; coaching gaffe(s) cost them a closely fought game; and the same group is brought back because of "familiarity" or "continuity."  I'm tellin' ya...if this team gets to the CC game and loses, I guarantee they'll maintain the status quo.

In the meantime, I'll keep waiting and hoping, hoping and waiting for the coaching staff to consistently put together a solid gameplan; one that looks like it's a few steps ahead of the opposition instead of sharing the huddle with the defense.

Taking the glass half-full approach, they've beaten some solid teams (or so I've been told they are...) in the last month and have been right there in losses to other quality teams (Gints & Indy, specifically).  It ain't been pretty, but they're gettin the "W's" and that's all that matters.  Luckily for them, votes don't factor into these Sunday matchups.  Now, let's see how they do against one of the hotter teams in the Conference in Balty next week.  The way the Ravens have been playing, this matchup makes me very nervous.  Still, still, still, a win and they're in.  Then, finish off against (on) another pretty hot team in the TITans and play the Cleveland XFL squad as a playoff primer.

Just keep winning.  Whatever it takes.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #141 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 15:44 »

2 steps left to get to the playoffs.

[X] Beat New England.

[X] Beat Dallas.

[  ] Beat Baltimore.

Just maintain that intensity for another...7/8 games or so.

Almost there.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #142 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 16:17 »

2 steps left to get to the playoffs.

[X] Beat New England.

[X] Beat Dallas.

[  ] Beat Baltimore.

Just maintain that intensity for another...7/8 games or so.

Almost there.

B-more is MUST WIN in my book.

« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2008 at 21:42 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #143 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 01:00 »

If you have xtra time, these are freaking hilarious.  I love the whining and all of the great analysis put forth... lol

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #144 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 11:56 »

I like the guy in the middle, the 2nd video.  Some real in-depth analysis there.  I'd like to see his post loss video.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #145 on: Dec 11, 2008 at 00:45 »

Anybody else catch the shot of that shirtless dude that poured a Gatorade-like bucket filled with what looked like water and ice all over himself?

Fuckin' wacko.

im not completely sure, but i think that was one of the vendors.  im sure you have seen him before, he's always on camera during steeler games waving a terrible towel and acting like a complete psycho.  He also vends at Penguin games, not sure about pirates.  if you saw him again im sure you will recognize him.

he was even shown on camera at super bowl XL of all places.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #146 on: Dec 11, 2008 at 07:46 »

Fuckin' wacko.

im not completely sure, but i think that was one of the vendors.  im sure you have seen him before, he's always on camera during steeler games waving a terrible towel and acting like a complete psycho.  He also vends at Penguin games, not sure about pirates.  if you saw him again im sure you will recognize him.

he was even shown on camera at super bowl XL of all places.

yeah, his name is T.C. I think. He definitely does Pirates games as well. If you've been to a game you've seen him/heard his voice.

Honestly, though, after watching that video, I wonder how long it was before he was rushed to the hospital.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #147 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:00 »

No matter what kind of stunt that vendor pulls, he'll never replace the "cotton candy" guy as the 'burgh's best.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #148 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 12:05 »

No matter what kind of stunt that vendor pulls, he'll never replace the "cotton candy" guy as the 'burgh's best.

What did he do?  Jump in the bin and spin around until he resembled a big pink candy monster then run around yelling, "Eat me! Eat me!"

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #149 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 16:37 »

What did he do?  Jump in the bin and spin around until he resembled a big pink candy monster then run around yelling, "Eat me! Eat me!"

Nah, he just has the most distinctive call.  He patrols the Igloo shrieking "COT'NCANDY".  I listen to alot of games via the internet radio, and you can hear him on the air.

It's become the goal call of choice around the Odstead.  We used it one game last year to heckle (and eventually chase) Marty Brodor to our great delight. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 14 [15] 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: