Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 14:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 [22] 23 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 15 - Dec. 14 @ Baltimore  (Read 17222 times)
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #210 on: Dec 14, 2008 at 19:03 »

Awesome fucking win.  No controversy at all in my mind with the last play.  Only a millimeter of the ball needs to cross the line and that clearly happened.  Fuck Simms and Nantz, they are so anti-Steelers it's not even a question any more. 

Why does our offense wait until the end of the game to accomplish anything?  How about we run those same plays in quarters 1-3?

AFC North champs, motherfuckers!!

headbang

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #211 on: Dec 14, 2008 at 19:19 »

Does anybody have any spare blood pressure meds?  Cause I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need 'em if the boys keep this shit up.... injured

Well done to get the win.  And ultimately, as long as we win and I'm still alive at the end of the game, it's all good.   yeh
 eck02 eck02 eck02

I'm still the one with the boobs.
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #212 on: Dec 14, 2008 at 19:27 »

Holy fucking crap!  For the second straight week, I was at a Steelers bar in the south.  For the 2nd consecutive week, I consumed at least 10 alcoholic drinks.  Most importantly, for the 2nd straight week, the Steelers withstood a tough opponent, and pulled out a huge "W."  I highly suggest visiting Dixie's Tavern in Charlotte, and Murphy's Law in Myrtle Beach.  If it comes down to one or the other, then Dixie's it is.  That place is fucking awesome.  Today was Murphy's Law, but Dixie's is fucking sweet!  Good fucking win boys.

Fuck you Baltimore.  Fuck you in the fucking asshole with something hard and sandpapery.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #213 on: Dec 14, 2008 at 20:29 »

Just got back from the game. 

Wow.

I'll fill in the gaps later.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #214 on: Dec 14, 2008 at 20:44 »

as has been the custom for the last few weeks, funny as hell to read this thread after the fact.  YOu guys have to give more props to the D during these games.  I think they're kicking so much ass that we're taking it for granted.

That defensive performance was at least as good, if not better than last week.  Fewer points, but Dallas offense is better, so maybe a toss up.  Flacco, again, welcome to big boy football.

Bunch of drops, yes, but I thought on at least two of Nate's the defender was draped all over him.  

That no call on the hold against Harrison - unconscionable.  I saw it live from a bad angle, it was obvious on every replay.  Funniest/saddest thing ever - Nantz and Simms going on and on about how good that block was on every replay, only to notice (finally) on the last one that it was a blatant hold.  Meanwhile, we breathe on RayRay and it's a hold.

Game not well officiated at all.  In addition to those, saw a late hit on Ben on the first FG drive not called (of course, that's like Harrison holds - nonexistant).  We got a break on that 3rd and 1, both initial spot and challenge - he didn't make it.  Last TD was definitely a TD, but I thought they would pull out the "insufficient evidence" clause and overturn it.  Despite the otherwise horrible day, props to Santonio for that catch.

As bamf noted, highly questionable spike call on first and goal.  55 seconds, first and goal from the 3, one timeout left, time is completely a nonfactor.  Need the down much more.  Almost cost us the game.

Overall, offense played OK against a very good defense.  Our D was outstanding, holding them to FG on short fields a couple of times.

Now we're in perfect position to take the #1 seed.  First round bye locked up.  I can't see how, but I think I have to pull for the Cowboys next week.  Even though we've won twice, I do NOT want to see these guys in the playoffs - give me Jets, Broncos, Phins, even Indy or NE first.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #215 on: Dec 14, 2008 at 21:07 »

Now we're in perfect position to take the #1 seed.  First round bye locked up.  I can't see how, but I think I have to pull for the Cowboys next week.  Even though we've won twice, I do NOT want to see these guys in the playoffs - give me Jets, Broncos, Phins, even Indy or NE first.

Yes, in good position to take the #1 seed but I don't like that the Titans lost today.  But that should have no actual bearing on next week's game.

Yup, I'll be pulling for the Cowboys next week for sure.  But if they lose to the Giants tonight they may pansy out and be all disinterested.

Great effing game today though.  They were able to run it a little when needed.  If you'd told me beforehand that Big Ben would throw it 40 times I'd have guessed a loss would result.  No INTs, 246 yards.  Great effing day by the big guy.  And another clutch drive late to come from behind for the win.

Can't wait to see some post-game whining by the bitch ass Ratturds.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #216 on: Dec 14, 2008 at 21:08 »

Just got back from the game. 

Wow.

I'll fill in the gaps later.

Did you see aj_law?  Take some pictures? 

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #217 on: Dec 14, 2008 at 21:09 »

Even though we've won twice, I do NOT want to see these guys in the playoffs - give me Jets, Broncos, Phins, even Indy or NE first.

It would suit me fine for the Cowboys to take them out and just leave them out of the playoffs altogether.  Asking this team to get a third win on the Ratbirds would certainly be a tall order (for our offense anyway).

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #218 on: Dec 14, 2008 at 21:16 »

Even though we've won twice, I do NOT want to see these guys in the playoffs - give me Jets, Broncos, Phins, even Indy or NE first.

It would suit me fine for the Cowboys to take them out and just leave them out of the playoffs altogether.  Asking this team to get a third win on the Ratbirds would certainly be a tall order (for our offense anyway).

No doubt about it.  I'd still pick the Steelers to win but asking them to beat a winning team 3 straight times is tough.  But they'd have them in Pittsburgh next time and the Ratties haven't done much winning there.

And their rookie QB hasn't tasted a playoff atmosphere yet.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #219 on: Dec 14, 2008 at 21:24 »

Yes, in good position to take the #1 seed but I don't like that the Titans lost today.  But that should have no actual bearing on next week's game.

Well, figure they had to lose one more in addition to us beating them.  It's highly possible that Indy will have their WC spot locked up by the last week and not play against the Titans.  However, assumng we won, we'd have to play full speed against Cleveland and see how that game went.  Now, either we beat Tenn. and can go into the Cleveland game with our fate in our hands, or we lose to the Titans and can rest starters against the Brownstains.
Pages: 1 ... 21 [22] 23 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: