Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 02, 2014 at 02:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 15 - Dec. 14 @ Baltimore  (Read 16400 times)
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 17:18 »

You know, I agree that we no-huddle all game, or pull some west-coast O shit.

If we keep then off-balance, it improves our chances dramatically.

Run,run, pass won't get it done. 

I personally hope Rice and MacGahee are out.  The last thing we need are more of those draws or underneath passes that rack up 50 yards a pop.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 18:23 »

To clinch a wild card, we only have to win one of the last three, due to conference record.

One game loss is the difference between #2 and #6 seed.... that's quite a tight-rope

If we only win one more, that woudl add two more conference losses.  Winning one and losing two conference gaems would stil clinch us a WC?  If true, that suprises me.

Yeah I saw ESPN's bottom line this morning say we clinch a playoff spot with a win or a Dolphins AND Jets loss, or something like that.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #32 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 19:53 »

I know it sounds crazy to say FWP will get 130, but I just think this game will be crazy.  I feel he breaks it big in this one, just a feeling,  That said I still may start Cadillac in FF.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 23:07 »

Yeah I saw ESPN's bottom line this morning say we clinch a playoff spot with a win or a Dolphins AND Jets loss, or something like that.

Actally better than that.  With a win, we clinch not only the division, but also a first round bye.  Clinch playoff spot when 2 of Phins, Jets, and Pats lose another game.

Actually could see 5 of 6 AFC playoff spots clinched this weekend.  Don't want to, cause it would require a Ratties win, and its highly unlikely as I think the AFCE trio will all be favored and 2 of them would have to lose, but in that scenario Denver (with win or SD loss), Balty, Pit, Tenn, Indy (with win against Detroit - lock) all clinch.  Leaves the AFCE scrambling for one spot.

Really don't want to go into last game needing a win for playoffs, even if it is the Brownies. End this crap this weekend.  Not to mention if we can help knock the Ratties out, I'm all for it.  They're more dangrous than anyone in the AFCE.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Dec 11, 2008 at 00:41 »

I thought i read we could have clinched a spot last weekend with a win against dallas with MIA and NE Losses If i recall.  So wouldnt that put our magic number down to one right?  just win and your in? 

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #35 on: Dec 11, 2008 at 08:06 »

I have a terrible feeling about this one.  I am never confident about a Ravens game and less so this one.  Until the 2nd half of the 'Skins game the Ravens have been protecting the ball well.  The Steelers have had their problems.  I think, with these two defenses, it comes down to points off turnovers.  The Steelers haven't been converting those opportunities and the Ravens have.

I hate to say it, but I think the Steelers are looking at a Wild Card and a long road in the playoffs. 

PUMA
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Dec 11, 2008 at 08:25 »

Really don't want to go into last game needing a win for playoffs, even if it is the Brownies. End this crap this weekend.  Not to mention if we can help knock the Ratties out, I'm all for it.  They're more dangrous than anyone in the AFCE.

Ditto

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Dec 11, 2008 at 09:21 »

End this crap this weekend.

AMEN!!!

Let's have a Merry Christmas with another division title and a restful final two games.  Seriously, as ridiculous as it sounds, I'll have a much more relaxing holiday if we just win this game Sunday.

How sad is that?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #38 on: Dec 11, 2008 at 11:42 »

AMEN!!!

Let's have a Merry Christmas with another division title and a restful final two games.  Seriously, as ridiculous as it sounds, I'll have a much more relaxing holiday if we just win this game Sunday.

How sad is that?

It's the curse of true fans everywhere.  It gets under our skin.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Dec 11, 2008 at 14:27 »

AMEN!!!

How sad is that?

It's the curse of true fans everywhere.  It gets under our skin.

But you know, a minister is supposed to stay, at least to some degree, above the "fray" of some of this.  I just lean a little towards the worldly side, in spite of my profession.

Meh, fire me.  God has known about my weaknesses for a while now, so I trust that He will keep working in spite of them.  Although I am thinking about joining an ecumenical Franciscan order to help me deal with my worldliness!

Wonder if I can get a black n gold habit?  Grin

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: