Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 19, 2014 at 13:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 15 - Dec. 14 @ Baltimore  (Read 16238 times)
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 14:02 »

You know what really burns me up? We all know that the way to beat these guys is pops to Miller over the middle and quick throws to Mewelde Moore (who if not starting, should DEFINITELY be get the majority of the plays). But does anyone feel confident that this is what the Steelers will do?? Nope. We will see more deep throws, runs up the guy for -2, +1, +2 yards by FWP (who without his speed is not really all that valuable, as that was his greatest asset). This will ultimately result in third and long, which in turn will bring the blitz from the Ravens. Then everyone will call for the O-Line's head, when this perfect storm (just like vs. the Eagles) could have been avoided, or at least mitigated, from the very beginning.

All they have to do is look at the game film from the very last time they played these guys. They will see how well the dump passes to Moore and the hurry-up worked. Do the coaches on offense do any game planning or film study at all? I mean, seriously...

If we implemented a logical game plan offensively and still failed, I would not fault them much. But to keep doing things over and over that have been ineffective over and over is just ridiculous. The very definition of insane is to do the same thing repeatedly and expect a different result.

B.A., having an average offense would most likely be enough to get the Steelers to the big dance. Please PLEASE find a way to make the offense half-way decent the rest of the way...we don't need 30+, but a consistent 20-24 would be nice.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 14:12 »

I recall a few years ago after the Steelers got pasted by Balty, Cowhers response to the pathetic offensive performance was :  "we didn't know they were going to blitz"   Holy schmazolly!!!!  Did he instruct coodinators not to make half time adjustments?

Any way, maybe this will be one of the 3 games this year where BA stays at a Holiday Inn Express the night before coming up with the game plan and we are all blown away by his small imagination and relative clarity.

BA has to be pissed about being a Brown for all those years and he is intentionally sticking it to the Steelers from inside the organization.  There is no other explanation.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 14:51 »

Initial forecast for Baltimore is 43, partly cloudy.  The Stillers won't know what to do with themselves playing in that kind of weather.  They'll probably cramp up from the heat!  Grin

I swear to god if that's the true forecast we should come out in the no-huddle spread for the whole first half. Keep their base defense out there and keep Fat Ray running in circles jumping on piles. We know our D can force 3 and outs. We get up 10-14 on these guys and it's over.

If Baltimore wins this game, given the ease of everyone else's schedule, believe it or not our division and playoff hopes get pretty sticky. I don't want to have to go into Tenn and get a win to get into the playoffs.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 15:50 »

You know what really burns me up? We all know that the way to beat these guys is pops to Miller over the middle and quick throws to Mewelde Moore (who if not starting, should DEFINITELY be get the majority of the plays). But does anyone feel confident that this is what the Steelers will do?? Nope. We will see more deep throws, runs up the guy for -2, +1, +2 yards by FWP (who without his speed is not really all that valuable, as that was his greatest asset). This will ultimately result in third and long, which in turn will bring the blitz from the Ravens. Then everyone will call for the O-Line's head, when this perfect storm (just like vs. the Eagles) could have been avoided, or at least mitigated, from the very beginning.

All they have to do is look at the game film from the very last time they played these guys. They will see how well the dump passes to Moore and the hurry-up worked. Do the coaches on offense do any game planning or film study at all? I mean, seriously...

If we implemented a logical game plan offensively and still failed, I would not fault them much. But to keep doing things over and over that have been ineffective over and over is just ridiculous. The very definition of insane is to do the same thing repeatedly and expect a different result.

B.A., having an average offense would most likely be enough to get the Steelers to the big dance. Please PLEASE find a way to make the offense half-way decent the rest of the way...we don't need 30+, but a consistent 20-24 would be nice.

In a word, be "unpredictable."

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 23:30 »

I like our chances considerably.   Yea, yea, yea, blah, blah, blah, the Ravens have a good defense.  whooptie doo, so do we.   An even better one at that.  Nothing is anything special that Ben hasnt seen the previous 8 meetings.  whereas Dickie's defense has become more exotic by the week.  Did anyone else catch the big snack out in pass coverage?  Stuff like that will get into the head of any QB especially Fucko.  who wasnt very spectacular against the skins to say the least.  In fact, there hasnt been a top defense that the rook hasnt struggled with.  All his INTs have come against good teams.  why is that you ask?  he's a rook thats why.  look for the greenhorn to throw at least 2 picks.  #43 is seeing the entire field this year and will be picking up #8 on the year after this one. 

their offense is scary, finally up and coming, caught up with the D...Yeah, umm ok whatever...without all those defensive scores the steelers hot/cold offense has actually scored more than the Ratbirds on the year.  If stone hands can cover mason like he did against TO and Moss, they will have no chance.  cant rely on on defensive scores to win you ball games every week like these D-bags do.

Ben hasnt been careless with the ball the last 4 games against some good defenses besides cincy.  so i dont expect a multiple int game during this one either.  the ONLY way the steelers lose is if they give up a defensive score.  aint gonna happen

Steelers 20

Ratturds 10

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 09, 2008 at 12:25 »

Until the win is in the books, consider me a bit apprehensive.  Ravens in Baltimore is never easy. 

Still not seeing the O improve... if anything, the opposite.

The AFCN could go to the wire...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 09, 2008 at 12:43 »

Until the win is in the books, consider me a bit apprehensive.  Ravens in Baltimore is never easy. 

Still not seeing the O improve... if anything, the opposite.

The AFCN could go to the wire...

Ugh.  I have to agree with Finny, although I hate to think that it comes down to beatin' the Stains.
But man, for all my bitchin' at you guys for your gloom and doom the week before, I was fer sure gloom and doomin' it on Sunday.

I think I have to go to relationship counseling with this offense.  I love 'em, but they're making me crazy!

As for the defense, my relationship with them is solid.

helmet

I'm still the one with the boobs.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 09, 2008 at 17:59 »

We'll definately struggle this game. 

I think the Patriots and both Cincy games were the only ones that we've won solidly.

Tough competition and injuries, IMO.

If we win the game, maybe that'll ease the pressure and the team will be more focused??? I don't know

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 09, 2008 at 18:02 »

I do think that our offense plays better on fieldturf type surfaces...what does Balty have again? I know they don't have as bad a field as we do at Heinz.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2008 at 19:41 »

Steelers 20 ratbirds 17.  Ben 198 and 1TD ( Miller ) 1int.  Parker 130 and a TD.  D 6 Sacks and 3 Picks.
Balt Gets a D TD and a McClain Rush TD.  Fucco Has a real bad day!
It's is time to get the Steelers running game going and I think they can.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: