Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 19:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 15 - Dec. 14 @ Baltimore  (Read 15714 times)
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: Dec 09, 2008 at 21:29 »

I'm hoping for a win, but not having the best vibe heading into this game...not going to lie...130 yards? I would love that....truthfully, I don't think Willie would get that in two games against them, even when healthy....we will have to spread them out with some dinking and dunking and some slash type runs like draws or delays (in my opinion, anyway).
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 08:23 »

Don't really care what the score is.  Don't really care how we do it.

Just WIN-THE-FRIGGIN'-GAME!

I'm having serious intesinal issues this week thinking about this one.  It's time to end Balty's reign over us on their home turf.  (And it is field turf, BTW)

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 10:06 »

Steelers 20 ratbirds 17.  Ben 198 and 1TD ( Miller ) 1int.  Parker 130 and a TD.  D 6 Sacks and 3 Picks.
Balt Gets a D TD and a McClain Rush TD.  Fucco Has a real bad day!
It's is time to get the Steelers running game going and I think they can.

Parker 130 against that D?  All gimped up?  No... effin... way... 

Hate to say it, but I think this is another sackfest against Ben.  Our O struggles all day.  Flacco has some mild success, but they can't run either.

Ratties' D is much tougher than the Pats or 'Girls, and I just don't have one freakin' iota of faith in BA, unless he turns the O over to Ben to call no huddle from the first quarter.

Ben 15/32, 186 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT
Flaccid 20/32, 214 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

FWP  13-35, 0 TD, 0 Fum
Mewelde 10-43, 0, 0
Gary Russel 2-3, 0, 0
McClain 25-85, 1, 0
Rice 4-8, 0, 0

Ward 6-59-0
Holmes 2-20-0
Miller 4-22-1
Nate 2-78-0
M. Clayton 6-120-2
Derrick Mason 6-49-0
Rice 5-25-0
Heap 3-16-0

Pitt D:  4 sacks, 1 INT, 2 fum rec, 6 points
Ravens D: 6 sacks, 2 INT, 0 fum rec, 0 points

1Q:  Bal 7, Pitt 3
2Q:  Bal 14, Pitt 6
3Q:  Bal 17, Pitt 13
4Q:  Bal 24, Pitt 16

I see it less as the Ravens O beating the Steelers D, and more as the Steelers O just giving the Ravens too many damned shots.

Hope to hell I'm wrong.  Feeling very pessimistic about this game.  Fucking hate the winged purple rodents. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 11:03 »

This game is toss up. In Fucco's 1st road game ever at Pitt it still took OT to beat them. Mason always seems to get open, that bastard. The Steelers D is also better now then it was back then too, so Fucco might have a bad day. As Finny said, the determining factor here is the Steeler O against the Ratshits D. That leaves me very nervous for this one. As others have mentioned, is BA capable of first, thinking up an effective game plan, second, implementing and sticking with said game plan for more than a couple of series, and third, adjusting to in game changes? Most of us would say no. So, I expect this game to be like most of the others this year. Defense kicking ass, but Balty starting with good field position. Steeler offense struggling mightily for most of the game, until they go no huddle with 8 mins left in the 4th to tie or make it close. I of course hope for a Pitt W, but won't be shocked to see the offense come up short.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 11:06 »

I know that Balty is playing very well lately and I'll admit that makes me nervous.  However, while the Ravens are hitting their stride and winning, I think they're peaking too early and they'll be a bit overconfident about their chances going into this one.

Steelers turn it over, but nothing that serves as a death blow (i.e. no pick 6 or anything like that).  I think Ben will take some shots because well, he always does, but I have more confidence in this front five now than I did back when they first played.  The big question (*surprise*) is Arians and whether he rehashes the same 'ole, same 'ole or does he do something different/unconventional.  Hoping for the latter, but knowing that the former is much more likely.  

Go crazy, man.  How 'bout no-huddle, 3 WR, RB (MM) the whole first series?  Catch them in their base D and pick them apart.  IMO, this is a game where Miller, Moore and Ward should get the bulk of the catches with Holmes and Washington getting more yardage via a few late game bombs downfield.  A designed rollout or bootleg would be nice too.

Steelers - 20
Ratties - 6

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 12:02 »

If Pittsburgh loses this one and to Tenn. they are fightin for a wild card spot, providing Balty beats Dallas and others.  There is very very real chance they will be fightin for the 6 seed and playing on the road, as hard as that is to believe.  Seems like every other team in the playoff race has a patsy schedule remaining, except the Titans of course.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #26 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 12:55 »

We can't run on these guys, plain and simple. Since 2003, we've only had one game against Baltimore where we averaged more than 4 ypc, and that was in 2004.

In fact, since 2003, there have only been three other games where we averaged more than 3 ypg. The other game in 2004, one game in 2005, and one game in 2006. I know alot of this seems like ancient history, but the point is, even in years where our running game/offensive line ranked in the top third of the league, we couldn't run on these guys. This year, well, the rushing offense isn't so good.

This game is must win. That calls for a very drastic game-plan. We've all suggested coming out in the no-huddle, but we know that isn't going to happen. That shit gets saved for the 4th quarter when we're down by 2 or more scores for some reason.

I think we need to come out firing. Screw establishing the run. Come out and throw the first 3-4 series. Slants, dumpoffs, curls, drags, whatever.  Get it out quick. Try to build at least a 10-0 lead on the rats and make them play catch-up. Ben, it's time to earn some of that 102 mil. Don't let them get ahead and pound the rock. Make Flacco play comeback all day. Give the D the lead and let em loose.

Following this strategy, I could see something like this panning out:

1Q: Pitt 10 - 0 (First series TD, second series fg)
2Q: Pitt 13 - 6 (Baltimore gets two fg drives, one set up by a TO/short field. D gives a short field before the half for our fg)
3Q: Pitt 16 - 13 (Baltimore climbs back in grinding out a 45ish yard td drive set up by an awful punt)
4Q: Pitt 19 - 13 (Gut check fg drive by Pitt that covers about 40 yards. Baltimore gets multiple possessions but the D holds up)

Of course, we all know BA will come out with his tired ass old gameplan, which creates third and long, which creates sacks, punts (awful ones), and putting our defense on it's heels from the get go. Following his strategy, this is how I see it panning out:

1Q: Bal 7-0 (Following 3 three and outs, Baltimore gets a short field TD)
2Q: Bal 10 - 3 (TO gets Pitt a fg, Baltimore gets a late fg based on short field due to awful punt)
3Q  Bal 17 - 3 (Baltimore gets another TD)
4Q  Bal 17 -10 (Pitt finally goes to the no-huddle with 5 minutes left,scores on TD and has a chance at another but can't overcome the blitz.)

Based on my gut, I'm saying Baltimore 17-10. So I guess based on what my gut picks have been previously this year, take the Steelers and the over.

« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2008 at 12:57 by Merman1983 » Logged
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 15:32 »

To clinch a wild card, we only have to win one of the last three, due to conference record.

One game loss is the difference between #2 and #6 seed.... that's quite a tight-rope
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 16:52 »

To clinch a wild card, we only have to win one of the last three, due to conference record.

One game loss is the difference between #2 and #6 seed.... that's quite a tight-rope

If we only win one more, that woudl add two more conference losses.  Winning one and losing two conference gaems would stil clinch us a WC?  If true, that suprises me.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 17:15 »

Miami and the Jets have the next best conference record for the wild card, behind the Colts.  They are 6-4.  If we only win one more, we will be 9-3.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: