Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 04:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 [23] 24 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 15 - Dec. 14 @ Baltimore  (Read 16627 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #220 on: Dec 14, 2008 at 23:13 »

True dat.  I like their odds in the playoffs against the Titans no matter where they play.  The Steelers have beaten better defenses and better offenses.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #221 on: Dec 14, 2008 at 23:22 »

Why does our offense wait until the end of the game to accomplish anything?  How about we run those same plays in quarters 1-3?

Not sure if anyone else noticed the last 2 weeks, but the moment any announcer started on how innefective the steeler offense was, they all of sudden turned on the switch and went on a holy terror?

happened with Aikman last week, then bam...17 unanswered points

not sure if it was nantz or simms, but WTF 92 yards to paydirt!

and yeah, dont know why the no-hudddle is used more often to generate at least a few first downs.  and WTF is up with waiting to the very last second on the play clock to hike the damn ball?

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #222 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 00:29 »

Why does our offense wait until the end of the game to accomplish anything?  How about we run those same plays in quarters 1-3?

Not sure if anyone else noticed the last 2 weeks, but the moment any announcer started on how innefective the steeler offense was, they all of sudden turned on the switch and went on a holy terror?

and yeah, dont know why the no-hudddle is used more often to generate at least a few first downs.  and WTF is up with waiting to the very last second on the play clock to hike the damn ball?

IMO, this is why they've been slightly better at hot reads and pass protection.  Waiting till the last possible second makes the D show it's handby tring to anticipate the snap count and help show who's coming on the blitz.  It's also helping out on drawing them off sides. 

The negative is that they are cutting it so damn close.  I think we got caugh once today... but I can see one or two delay of games per game w/ this strategy.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #223 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 06:23 »

My thoughts.

- Freaking GREAT win. The defense keeps us in the game, and the offense finds a way to get it done. Nice, nice job!
- WTF on the personal foul call on Reed? Bunch of pussy BS to call that. Hell Reed was the one that moved on the push. He extended his arms and moved backwards. Personal foul? What a joke.
- Screw Nantz and Simms. To say what a great block it was on Harrison, when CLEARLY, even live, was a blatant hold. But hey, Harrison has had to live with that shit all season.
- Ben panicked at the goalline with 50 some seconds to go. One timeout, all the f-in time in the world, and you spike the ball? Mental gaffe on Ben's part. But in the end, it didn't hurt.
- Had the call be upheld on the TD pass (it was definitely a TD), I think you had to run a QB sneak for the win. Anyone else with me on that?

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #224 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 07:57 »

Out short yardage playing hasn't exactly instilled a lot of confidence, but, still....

YOU PLAY.....TO WIN.....THE GAME!

Got to go for the win, there.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #225 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 08:14 »

IMO, this is why they've been slightly better at hot reads and pass protection.  Waiting till the last possible second makes the D show it's handby tring to anticipate the snap count and help show who's coming on the blitz.  It's also helping out on drawing them off sides. 

The negative is that they are cutting it so damn close.  I think we got caugh once today... but I can see one or two delay of games per game w/ this strategy.

It must provide some help, otherwise I think the defenders sprinting towards the LOS would offset any advantage.

Harrison must be a really quiet dude and not complain to the refs, at all.  Even if a player complains a few times without being whiny it plants a seed with the Ref.  I couldn't beleive it when Simms and Nantz were saying how good that block looked before they pointed out the pink elephant.  The receivers were getting mugged all day. 

The D was freaking large.  Holding B-more to FG's kept them in it.  I thought fior sure the y woudl get a TD after Holmes coughed it up.  When he caught it I thouhgt he might go the distance if he beat the 1st guy.  That theory went up pretty quick.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #226 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 08:17 »

Out short yardage playing hasn't exactly instilled a lot of confidence, but, still....

YOU PLAY.....TO WIN.....THE GAME!

Got to go for the win, there.
Especially on the road.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #227 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 08:49 »

By the way, looking at the SA fumble, did anyone take note of the tackle Max Starks made on that play?  I was sure that they'd return that one for a TD, but he came flying in and made a huge tackle.  Didn't know Pudge could move that fast.

It's one of those little plays that you don't think about very much, but ended up being huge after we held them to a FG.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #228 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 09:17 »

By the way, looking at the SA fumble, did anyone take note of the tackle Max Starks made on that play?  I was sure that they'd return that one for a TD, but he came flying in and made a huge tackle.  Didn't know Pudge could move that fast.

It's one of those little plays that you don't think about very much, but ended up being huge after we held them to a FG.

Can he play D-line?

It was actually pretty impressive of Maxwell.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #229 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 10:07 »

Can he play D-line?

It was actually pretty impressive of Maxwell.

I agree, I thought Maxie was awesome there, and I was COMPLETELY surprised that he was the one to do it.
Well done.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 22 [23] 24 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: