Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 31, 2014 at 01:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 16 - Dec. 21 @ Tennessee  (Read 10025 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 08, 2008 at 15:18 »

:buttkick:  

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 13:17 »

Stop the run and put the game on Kerry Collins' shoulders.   

The weather looks cold and dry for the game.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 13:44 »

Scary thought:  Collins gets knocked from the game and Vince comes in and plays the game of his life.  Hell, better next week than in the frigging playoffs.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 13:49 »

Scary thought:  Collins gets knocked from the game and Vince comes in and plays the game of his life.  Hell, better next week than in the frigging playoffs.

Oh please, Br'er jonzr, not that!!!  Young would get creamed by our D.

Titans played an idiotic game Sunday.  Abandoned the run and put the game on Collin's... hey wait, we may see that again this Sunday...  Hopefully, if it comes down to a long but makeable field goal to win the game, or a fourth and long pass play from the OC, Jeff "I have ears the size of peas" Fischer will again call the latter.  What a dumbass.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 16:09 »

Well, I don't mean the usual VY but some abnormal super-one-time-only effort from the guy for which there was no preparation.   But yeah, he'd probably get creamed.  Or scramble for a 50 yard td after getting stripped of the ball but said ball bounces back up into his hands and Harrison and Woodley take each other out of the play and trip Polamalu leaving only Hampton to beat to the endzone as the remaining linemen and linebackers are being held or flat-out smothered on the ground by overweight OL guys and the remaining players are on the wrong side of the field pursuing in horror as time expires.

So, I was thinking it's about time to grow a playoff beard.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 23:13 »

Both Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch out.  that just might be what the doctor ordered to get FWP and the steelers Running game for that matter, back on track.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 11:30 »

Frankly, I don't particularly care about the #1 seed.  I think we all know how well this team does when "they're the best the Conference has to offer."

I'd be perfectly fine with just going into Tennessee and playing a solid game; trying to work out some offensive kinks, but keep it very vanilla against a team they may meet again within the month.  If they get a "W," it's icing.  The most important thing is not to have any freak injuries because really, I think they've been pretty lucky in that department.  They've lost a few guys, but not as bad as a lot of other teams.

Then, wax Cleveland in Week 17 as a playoff warm up.  Basically, play it like their last pre-season game.  Don't want to have too much time off.  They "flip the switch" like Berger booms 60 yarders.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 11:58 »

Gotta agree with law on this.

Be nice to see some late progress on O, but mostly right now I want to see us free of injuries, getting healthy, etc.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 12:38 »

I'm going the other way.  Yes, heath is important.  Home field in playoffs - nice, but not critical. I'm not putting too much into the previous losses - we've lost AFCC on the road as well as at home. 

I want to send a message. Maybe TP doesn't run around quite as much as usual pre-snap, maybe some guys save some of their best moves/blitzes, but for the most part go full bore.  In particular, I want to completely throttle their running game.  A huge part of successful running is attitude - we're bigger, stronger, and are going to kick your ass, and there's nothing you can do about it.  I want the Steelers to take that away.

If we meet them again, I want them thinking "how can we run on these guys?" instead of "hell yeah we can run on these guys."
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 16:44 »

Bouchette said Ryan Clark was spotted on crutches...any of you local guys have more information on that? If there is any question regarding his injury, I would shut him down until playoff time...he is absolutely essential for the stretch run.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: