Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 20, 2014 at 11:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 16 - Dec. 21 @ Tennessee  (Read 10226 times)
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 22:58 »

Frankly, I don't particularly care about the #1 seed.  I think we all know how well this team does when "they're the best the Conference has to offer."

Normally I would agree with this, but I feel the best shot at going and WINNING the super bowl was if every game was played at home.  They have or will have played 6 out of the top 10 teams in the league...this wasnt some 3rd place schedule that resulted in a divisional championship, then lose come crunch time against a good D in the POs.  We have a QB who has been through it all, played against the toughest stretch of defenses that I can remember.  it wont get any easier in the playoffs.  and on the road for just one game, fahgetbouit

I just feel the Offense in particular plays better at home than it does on the road.  especially with giving up sacks.

I want Home field through out.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2008 at 15:14 »

I just watched the Jax playoff game last night, and man, I tell ya it makes me nervous.  Ben screwed the  pooch in that game... very poor decisions.

I think that's what the problem is at home in the playoffs dating back to 1994.  It seems like there is just a sence of complacency vs. urgency.

The D looked like it lost a step in that game.  Totally different compared to recent games when they were flying around.  The injuries were noticable, like TP wasn't flying, the D-line got handled, Ty Carter just wasn't as aggressive as Clark, etc...  They really did look worn down.  Townsend looked slowed at CB, too
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2008 at 19:35 »

Steelers 31 Titans 13.  Parker goes over 100, Ben 3TDS Ward Washington and Miller.  D gives up around 290 total yards, but 6 sacks and 2 picks. 

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2008 at 19:41 »

That would be an offensive explosion.  I was gearing up for another "first team to 10 wins it" type of game.  Hope you're right.   headbang

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2008 at 08:21 »

I just watched the Jax playoff game last night, and man, I tell ya it makes me nervous.  Ben screwed the  pooch in that game... very poor decisions.

I think that's what the problem is at home in the playoffs dating back to 1994.  It seems like there is just a sence of complacency vs. urgency.

The D looked like it lost a step in that game.  Totally different compared to recent games when they were flying around.  The injuries were noticable, like TP wasn't flying, the D-line got handled, Ty Carter just wasn't as aggressive as Clark, etc...  They really did look worn down.  Townsend looked slowed at CB, too

Even though Ben and the offense are nowhere near as efficient as they were last year, I feel much better entering this year's postseason.  I think the boys are a bit chippy this year, and it does start on D.  The effect of injuries to Clark, Troy, and Aaron were devastating, we were worn down, tired, less effective against the run.  This year, that shit don't fly.

The question of whether this offense... wakes the fuck up to its potential... well, it depends in large part on BA having a Whiz-like revelation, and I remain unconvinced.  But the postseason sees strange things.  No one expected our offense to explode the way it did against Indy and Denver in '05. 

I expect to see us squeeze the breath out of teams like an anaconda, and the offense will just keep finding ways to win, ugly or otherwise.

This game?  If we can stop LenWhale and Zippy Johnson, which we should, I see a 17-10 kinda Steelers win.  A real grinder.  Without Haynsie and Vandenfloschen, we may get some room to run.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2008 at 11:24 »

iamwithstupid

The question of whether this offense... wakes the fuck up to its potential... well, it depends in large part on BA having a Whiz-like revelation, and I remain unconvinced.  But the postseason sees strange things.  No one expected our offense to explode the way it did against Indy and Denver in '05.

IIRC we were calling for Whisenhunt's head that year, too.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #16 on: Dec 20, 2008 at 15:34 »

iamwithstupid

Kinda makes you appreciate the Whizzer doesn't it?  It's hard to imagine the OC who would make me appreciate Arians.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 20, 2008 at 18:41 »

iamwithstupid

Kinda makes you appreciate the Whizzer doesn't it?  It's hard to imagine the OC who would make me appreciate Arians.

Joe Walton, for one. Tim Lewis would be pretty bad as an OC too, I imagine.  Or not, he always could design a defense capable of giving up alot of yards.  "Tim-- whatever you think will work on defense, call the play you think would you most like to see against it on offense.  You have some kind of strange magic."

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 12:05 »

B-Mac setting the tone early with a textbook stick.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 12:17 »

Damn, never a good sign to see Silverback down on the field.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: