Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 17:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 [12] 13 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 16 - Dec. 21 @ Tennessee  (Read 10706 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #110 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 14:49 »

Holmes' lack of effort is maddening.  Don't know whether the error was his or Ben's but to stop and stand there is maddening as a fan. 

Holmes laid out earlier for the TD catch but that seems to be the exception IMO.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #111 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 14:51 »

Okay, I concede this has been a more pitiful performance by the D than by Ben.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #112 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 14:53 »

I wouldn't call it "pitiful."  Ben's fumble inside the 5, Reed's miss from 33 yards, and a "what the fuck" penalty on the FG that turned into a TD, and we're tied with or beating the #1 team in the AFC on the road.

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #113 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 14:54 »

If Tomlin is smart, he'll put Lefty in.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #114 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 14:56 »

Why can Ben not let go of the football when he should, but can not hold onto the football when he should?

bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #115 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 14:56 »

What's been pitiful is the play of Kemo.  He absolutely sucked today.  What he did today might be a worse game than Santonio played last week.  He looks lost.

--Lou Brock
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #116 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 15:00 »

I wouldn't call it "pitiful."  Ben's fumble inside the 5, Reed's miss from 33 yards, and a "what the fuck" penalty on the FG that turned into a TD, and we're tied with or beating the #1 team in the AFC on the road.

The issue is the word "pitiful?"  Or an issue with my labeling the D or O such?

Ben has thrown better but still we've got no run game, the OL (Kemoeatu in particular) has been spotty and Ben has fumbled 4 times (1 INT).  There's been some good, but a lot of bad that really concerns me heading into the playoffs. 

The Steelers seem unmotivated and lackadaisical on both sides of the football.

Two OPI penalties today?  Refs making up for last week's injustices?

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #117 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 15:01 »

Oh, and fuck fat ass Lendale White.

I hope the guy drops dead of a heart attack.

bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #118 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 15:02 »

Well, if there was ever a question about their motivation today, you saw it on the interception return.  Santonio gave up before he even made an effort to make a tackle.

At least now we know that next week's game doesn't mean shit.  I'll take a #2 seed.  

But I don't want to play another game here.

--Lou Brock
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #119 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 15:02 »

So, while people may want to blame the D for this loss, its clearly the O's burden. The D can't win EVERY game. The Titans barely got 300 yards. Ben played bad( 4 fumbles and 2 INT), the OL played worse and BA shat the bed AGAIN. The TO's and missed points really cost them. Yes, the D didn't have their best game, but its not they played bad. Just not up to awesome standards we have seen. The offense is chronically ill and cause for real concern. I'm afraid what you see is what you get, so the D better carry the team to a title if its going to happen.

Its kinda scary to think about what would have happened if Hayesworth and Vandenbosch were playing, which is likely to be the case in a rematch.

Also, I think Sweed will be a bust and hope they keep Nate ( putting on flame resistant suit).
Pages: 1 ... 11 [12] 13 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: