Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 22, 2014 at 19:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rucker Cut, Nance Signed  (Read 684 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Sep 09, 2008 at 22:19 »

Steelers cut Rucker, sign WR Martin Nance
By The Tribune-Review
Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Steelers made a roster move today, releasing wide receiver Micah Rucker from the practice squad and signing wide receiver Martin Nance to the practice squad.

Nance, 6-foot-3 and 213 pounds, was a college teammate of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger at Miami, Ohio.

Nance signed with Buffalo as a free agent-rookie out of Miami in 2006, was released and wound up with the Minnesota Vikings.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 22:53 »

I'm not sure how much pro ball Nance will see here, if any at all while being behind Sweed, Washington, Ward, Baker and Holmes, but I like the signing based on the simple fact that him and Ben seemed to connect well in Miami.  

Then again who knows?  With Nate seeming to drop two balls a game it seems, this kid might have a shot in the future.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 07:43 »

Too bad for Rucker, though.  I thought he had a lot of promise.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 07:49 »

Sometimes it's all about who you know.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 20:25 »

I didn't figure he could find a place on the roster, but after Minny let him go I thought it would be pretty interesting for the Steelers to have a look-see.  He made a few nice plays for the Vikes in the preseason, I honestly don't know how he didn't make that roster of castaway WR's.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
dcity21

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2008 at 23:48 »

First off, and i seem to always be doing this (not a good sign, haha), i need to defend one of those Nate drops in the first game.. That long play down the middle where Leftwich put a laser right on his hands the defender made a great play getting his hand in there and breaking it up.. Nate had the catch until it was broken up, that is not a drop.. I would hate for him to sign at a reasonable price somewhere else, if it is something we can match..

and about Leftwich, WOW, talk about a lucky bounce to the Steelers. Kid is good and Jax probably messe dup rushing him out of town like they did.. what is his deal btw? Just a 1-year i would guess.. Not sure if he would do it, but lock him up at backup money if we can..

and about Nance, I am glad to see him with the Steelers.. I hope it never ever happens, but maybe the day comes that a bunch of WRs are gimpy and we need that PS guy to come up.. Ya know, maybe he isn't the most physically gifted or whatever, but if he and Ben really have that sort of connection then in a dire need situation it could be critical..

and yeah it is absolutely mind boggling that Minny didn't have a spot for him considering what they are working with.. haha, I remember ppl projecting him as a round 2 pick way back when!!! and an early round 2 pick!

GR8 VALEWE PIQOOPS BII DA STEALYRS AUF DA FRY AYGINT PYLLE!!!!!!

"i don't know Nutting about baseball.. but i know about Nutting over making some cash.." Ownership ROCKS!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: