Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 09:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It happens every year  (Read 1597 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #10 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 14:36 »

Give Calhoun the Ball!

I am with ya Preach. Hard to not see the Steelers representing the AFC...But they still have that stretch in November/first of December, that will really define who they are. The Steelers just need to take it one game at a time and give 110%.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 21:31 »

Five wide.

Ward, Holmes, Washington, Miller and Starks.
Exactly.......Starks.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 21:38 »

Give Calhoun the Ball!

I am with ya Preach. Hard to not see the Steelers representing the AFC...But they still have that stretch in November/first of December, that will really define who they are. The Steelers just need to take it one game at a time and give 110%.
That's the way I'm going about it and the way I go about it every year.  One game at a time.  We looked good in game one against a so/so Texan team and injuries around the league are going in our favor, but it's going to take more than one regular season ball game to convince me that we can take our conference.  

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2008 at 21:40 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 22:55 »

Its very easy to come back to earth once you realize the steelers record on the road the last 2 seasons is 6-10.  they really havent been playing their best ball away from the comfy confines of Heinz Field in recent years.

just sayin.

hopefully, Tomlin and Co. realize up  3 games on the AFCN paper champs will be motivation enough for a win on the road.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2008 at 22:57 by jackSplat58 » Logged

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2008 at 10:11 »

that will really define who they are

Here's to hoping they are MORE than we thought they were!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
ICFan
N00b

« Reply #15 on: Sep 11, 2008 at 11:46 »

Give Calhoun the Ball!

Vinman,
Don't forget that the Steelers need to win the battle in the trenches and stick to the gameplan.  Oh.........and out execute the opponent.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #16 on: Sep 11, 2008 at 13:16 »

Give Calhoun the Ball!

Vinman,
Don't forget that the Steelers need to win the battle in the trenches and stick to the gameplan.  Oh.........and out execute the opponent.
Thanks ICFan, I knew I could count on you to back me up on the sports cliches.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: