Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 07:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moved:Week 2 Games  (Read 670 times)
Kwalla
No longer a N00b!

« on: Sep 12, 2008 at 12:30 »

So... am I missing something with these lines?

Green Bay -3 vs Detrot -- GB is just a field goal better than the team Atlanta scored 34 points on?  Am I missing a key injury or have people just loaded up on the Atlanta bandwagon?  This has to be my favorite line of the week!

Giants -8 vs St Louis -- Really?  Only 8 points?  Again.. what am I missing?  I didn't see the SL v Philly game last week so perhaps SL played much better than the score of 3 to 38 lets on.  Or.. maybe not... 0 for 11 on 3rd downs, 5 yards per pass, 2.4 yards per rush.  I'm not a big Giants fan, but I'd like to think the defending champs can beat these chumps by more than 8!

Steelers -6 vs Browns -- I think this line is closer than the first two.  This could either be a 'trap' game or blowout in my mind.  I've got more than enough faith in the Steelers to say they are more than 6pts better than the Browns.

Am I wrong that these look like three good bets?  Green Bay, Giants, & Steelers?
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2008 at 13:58 »

I agree...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Kwalla
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2008 at 17:44 »

Ahh, I thought the Crystal Ball was for thoughts on games and what not.. didn't Look in General Football.

Thanks!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2008 at 09:22 »

Ahh, I thought the Crystal Ball was for thoughts on games and what not.. didn't Look in General Football.

Thanks!
Nah, you looked in the right forum, but like a girl with a uni-brow, it isn't getting much attention.  Gonna consolidate and close this down.
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2008 at 09:26 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2008 at 09:22 »

Moved Topic to General Football Forum.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Kwalla
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 16:07 »

Up until I saw the pregame show the Steelers' game, I was in parlay heaven.  Green Bay (who gave a little tease, but ended up easily covering) and the Giants who also gave a little tease too.. only up 7 till the endish of the 3rd)... then came what I thought was a safe bet -- Steelers minus 6.  Then.. I saw the pregame... and sighed.  I knew I was in trouble.  What I should have done was run to the book and place a big under bet.  No way were they going to get close to 43.5 in those conditions...

Instead.. I sat and fretted.  I cursed and mumbled.  I hoped foolishly that instead of one final run, we'd kick a field goal to make it 13 - 6, so even if the Browns pulled out a miracle TD, we'd go to overtime.  

Two points from turning 100 into nearly 600.  

And so it goes.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: