Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 09:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jackson = Burress?  (Read 553 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Sep 16, 2008 at 08:00 »

Anyone see the Eagles/Cowboys last night when Jackson tossed the ball before crossing the goal line?  LMFAO.  First thing I thought of was Burress.  Actually, the first thing I thought was, "He didn't just do that did he?"

It looked like one of the Cowboys players was going back for the ball but stopped.  Must have been a whistle.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 08:08 »

First thing I thought was, "YESSSSS... 6 mo' points in my FF killing!"

Second thought was, "Plaxified DICKWEED!"

Best line of the night came from Mrs. Finny early in the 1Q:  "Bring back Freddie Mitchell... He's the people's champion!"  Where that came from, I have no idea, but I cracked the hell up.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 08:11 »

First thing I thought of was "you dipshit, you just cost me fantasy points for you and McNabb."

Then, I thought of Burress.

And, no, there wasn't a whistle.

If they would've failed to cover because of him, I would've...let's just say he'd have a front lawn full of trash.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 08:17 »

There had to have been a whistle, or it would still have been live, no?  Didn't an official signal touchdown?  I didn't have sound, so I figured it was the same bs rule as the Chargers game.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 08:18 »

Amazing game, though.  Iggles are driving with plenty of time when Westy fumbles.  Could as easily have won it.  Hard to blame Superman, though.  If they had gotten 7s instead of 3s early...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 10:12 »

First thing I thought was, "YESSSSS... 6 mo' points in my FF killing!"

Yeah, my arse is getting torn up this season in both leagues.  It's not even close.  And I can't even claim, "Well, I just played the wrong guy.  My bench outscored ..."  Nope, my whole teams suck up and down the roster.

I need lots more injuries to other players.  May the football injury gods smile upon me!!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 11:29 »

Amazing game, though.  Iggles are driving with plenty of time when Westy fumbles.  Could as easily have won it.  Hard to blame Superman, though.  If they had gotten 7s instead of 3s early...
I dunno.  I'm watchin' that slapfest and I'm wondering, "is anybody gonna man up and play some D?"  It did help to keep the Jessica Simpson references to a minimum, so that was a plus.

I don't know why, but I just don't see any team coached by Wade Phillips winning a big game/Super Bowl.  When you watch him on the sidelines, it's almost like he's invisible; like everything around him is happening and people are completely oblivious to his presence.  If he were to turn to an assistant or coach after a big play lookin' for a high five, they'd look right through him and not blink an eye.  On that kickoff return by Felix Jones, he's skippin' down the sidelines, waving his arms, yelling, making facial expressions and he looked like he was on an island.  Did anybody go near him?

Not to mention that for all of the star power that Cowboy defense boasts, Philly marched up and down the field on them pretty fuckin' easily.  Their backup corners/safeties would start for a lot of NFL teams and yet, McNabb is ripping them apart with Hank Baskett and Greg Lewis.  Granted, Westbrook is a stud and DJ looks to be every part the playmaker, but c'mon...

What was most impressive to me (and probably one of the biggest reasons they were in it 'til the end) was Philly's O-line.  I had mentioned it in another thread during the preseason that I thought that group was absolutely solid and they certainly showed it last night.  Pittsburgh is going to have their fucking hands full this week against that group.  Pay attention to Tra Thomas and Runyan.  They're both UFAs this year, I believe.  Maybe not as young as a team like Pittsburgh would like, but IMO, either one would be a nice stopgap type player while they groom a young draftee.
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2008 at 11:34 by aj_law » Logged

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 11:33 »

There had to have been a whistle, or it would still have been live, no?  Didn't an official signal touchdown?  I didn't have sound, so I figured it was the same bs rule as the Chargers game.
They always blow the whistle on TDs?  I seem to remember that a LJ would come in with his arms in the air signaling a TD while blowing a whistle, but...they...don't...do...that...anymo re...right?

Brain fart.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: