Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 14:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN Intel  (Read 792 times)
Kwalla
No longer a N00b!

« on: Sep 16, 2008 at 16:51 »

When any of you are reviewing the games, do you ever look at the ESPN Intel?  Find it of any value?  

Just looking at last week, ESPN had the overall winner right 73% of the time (11 out of 15) without the spread... but I'm not sure if it's worth tracking/digging into the numbers to see how good it is at getting the score right (either spread or over/under).

K
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 19:20 »

11 out of 15 in a no-spread, no-risk format is good, but not mind-bending.  Week 1, I got 12 of 16 with the spread.  Email me and paypal $37.50 to pensodyssey, and I'll send you my weekly pensodysseyinsider™ tips.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 11:53 »

My week 2 pix pretty closely captured the game trends, even when I ended up missing some I should have won (Chicago, Minnesota).

10-5 straight up and ATS, but could easily have picked 13/15 both SU and ATS.

Eh, the football gods.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Kwalla
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 16:38 »

I never really looked at the Espn info before and am really just wondering if anyone here has.. and if it seems "good".  I haven't looked at it vs the spread (at least the spread they give and then to also compare that to the books betting spread).  Anyway, I wouldn't ever consider it a way to pick games, but any place to pick up worthwhile info is worth exploring, no?  

By the time my lazy ass sorts how to best capture/track it/analyze the season will probably be over.

One week of games/betting doesn't really mean much.  From.. 9/7 to 9/13 I made 16 and won 12 -- a mix of MLB, NCAA and NFL.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: