Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 22, 2014 at 01:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The o-line is garbage...  (Read 2312 times)
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« on: Sep 21, 2008 at 17:40 »

There, I said it. I no longer want to hear they are playing better, things are improving, they need to gel, etc etc....when the Steelers play a good team, the line folds like a cheap tent.

Sadly with Ben and the D we are still playoff capable, but likely nothing more behind this line....Jacksonville behind a make-shift RESERVE line has been protecting better than the Steelers have with their "starters".

I really hate to be doom and gloom but we have to stop denying that the line is awful (not a weakness, AWFUL).

I am not sure how the Steelers have kept this game as close as they have, but next year the draft must be priority 1, 2, 3 ALL O LINE!!!

Something must be done and this cannot continue, cause #7 will get killed =(.

That said, Go Steelers!!

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 17:52 »

And that's why I wanted to wait untilt we actually had a true test before I stated praising that line.  At this point, I just want to see our QB get out of this game healthy and alive.

F-ing safety, our running game does not exist and our QB is getting the shit kicked out him on every play.  It's amazing that this game is this close.  
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2008 at 17:54 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
ben2hines4six

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 18:11 »

and there goes Ben....season OVER if he is out any length of time
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 19:30 »

Sure, the line blows - we all know this. But come on - Ben shows no ability/willingness to get rid of the ball to prevent the sack. I'd say it's 70 percent the o-line's fault, 30 percent BR's fault.

And I don't want to hear him whining to media about his injuries this week.  

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
jburghfan

« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 19:44 »

Ben shows no ability/willingness to get rid of the ball to prevent the sack.

Yeah....He does hold onto the ball too long.....But, he has made alot of big plays by doing so....

So let's give him that....

On the other hand, the OL is horrible....Key Vincent & Oliver Ross played better than this group, with much less ability......They at least had some fucking balls and would punch someone in the mouth.....

At seasons end, we need to release Marvel Smith and Max Starks and get some OL-men who ill get down and dirty.....I don't care about physical ability.....I don't care about test scores.....Just get some players that will FUCKING HIT SOMEBODY!!!
The Emperor

« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 19:47 »

I did not think we would win this game!  But fuck the Oline is $%##$%#%$#

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 20:02 »

Seemed a mix of things today...starting with the OL, which was atrocious.  

Ben didn't help himself today holding on to the football.  The throw across his body, late in the 4th, to the left side of the field said it wasn't all on the OL.

If Arians did change anything at halftime, it didn't matter.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
ben2hines4six

« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 20:36 »

Hey guys, all good points.

I do agree it's partly Ben holding the ball too long (at times), and part Arian's refusal to call quicker pass plays/shorter drops....but seriously....there were A LOT of times when Ben would drop back (and not even be at the end of his drop) and have a defender (or two, or three) ALL over him...like seriously, there is no way that can keep happening OVER and OVER and not be the lines fault...no play calling or quick reads by Ben will prevent him from getting sacked when there is pressure all over him in litereally 0.5 seconds.

Having said that, I think we all agree/knew the line sucked...the question is how much so, and if it can be overcome...time will tell, I guess..but being someone who does not usually get overly dramatic about losses, I just cannot see this team being much more than a one and done in the playoffs with this level of play from the o-line.

J-Burgh, exactly....to me, it's about having a few guys who have the stones willingness to mix it up hit some guys in the mouth.

For the record, I also did not expect the Steelers to win this game, so the loss in and of itself is not that concerning to me...it is more so the way in which they lost, and the manner in which they were dominated and outworked in every phase of the game (exception being some pretty good play by the D, IMO).
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 21:32 »

sure the OL gave up 9 sacks, but i wouldnt pin this loss squarely on their shoulders.  Thought FWP was TWP (tentative Willie Parker).  he played like shit IMO.  plays where he should have at least gained 5-6 yards or more, he got 2 because he didnt hit the hole quick enough.  Ben held onto the ball a little too much, and some of the playcalling was garbage.

was hoping for a miracle win on the road when the team didnt play their best ball.  but hey, its one loss against an NFC team.  One of the little perks for being in the AFCN is the other teams are worse off than the steelers.  could be worse, we could have got pasted at home against the dolphins.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
polishpower
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 00:15 »

Anyone happy at the schedule.? Seeing the Ravens (2), Jags, Pats, Giants, Titans.  We will face a lot of amazing pass rushes.  It is not because I want to see Ben killed.  I just think you should learn how to swim by jumping in the deep end.  If we can come out of it and still make the playoffs, I see better things than one and done.  

Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: