Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 20:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truthiness Stages a Comeback  (Read 484 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 22, 2008 at 13:21 »

September 21, 2008
Op-Ed Columnist
Truthiness Stages a Comeback
By FRANK RICH

NOT until 2004 could the 9/11 commission at last reveal the title of the intelligence briefing President Bush ignored on Aug. 6, 2001, in Crawford:

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 14:41 »

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. I may have to break out the Colbet avatar honoring truthiness.

Good work Frank. Unfotunately, the people who need to read it, probably never will. The NY Times has been successfully labeled as a partisan, elitist outlet. The mentioned article about Palin's secrecy and the influence of "The First Dude" was also excellent work. But it was preaching to the choir.

McCain and the Republicans are trying to create a false reality because its the only way they can win. Perception is reality, so if they just keep saying the same things over and over again, the can create the percerption they want to among the less interested and informed voters. I guess we'll see if playing the fear card will win out this time.  

KTBFFH
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 18:22 »

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. I may have to break out the Colbet avatar honoring truthiness.

Good work Frank. Unfotunately, the people who need to read it, probably never will. The NY Times has been successfully labeled as a partisan, elitist outlet. The mentioned article about Palin's secrecy and the influence of "The First Dude" was also excellent work. But it was preaching to the choir.

McCain and the Republicans are trying to create a false reality because its the only way they can win. Perception is reality, so if they just keep saying the same things over and over again, the can create the percerption they want to among the less interested and informed voters. I guess we'll see if playing the fear card will win out this time.
It's like Tommy Smothers said last night on the Emmys - Truth is what you get other people to believe.

It will be a sad sad day in this country if the McPalins succeed in getting the American public to buy their truths.
I'll probably be moving to Italy, but don't worry!  I'll still be posting on this board and following the Steelers!!!

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: