Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 20, 2014 at 17:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shanahan on the refs.  (Read 493 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 15, 2008 at 18:38 »

Even in a gift-wrapped victory, he can't bring himself to be magnanimous.

"This was the best crew that we have had in the last 20 crews I have graded," Shanahan said. "They did a heck of a job. Every game that you see that is within a point or a field goal over the last couple years, it may be a call or a non-call that wasn't right, but that is the nature of this game. You have to find a way to win."

No shit, there, Chipmunk Charlie.  No doubt you thought the refs were stupendous.

"We still had the ball at third-and-10 and had to get it into the end zone. Third-and-10 and then fourth-and-4. We still had to make a two-point conversion," Shanahan said. "It wasn't like somebody gave us the touchdown. You have to go out there and still get it done."

That's right, no one gave you anything.  But they sure as hell took something away from Sandy Eggo.
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2008 at 18:39 by pensodyssey » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 21:49 »

He is definately a douchebag. Heck of a job Brownie.  
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 00:05 »

he sure was a smug little turd during the presser wasnt he?  dont worry, i cant wait for the donks to get fucked over by a call and lose a game as a result.  Im sure the the rat will be singing a different tune on the quality of the reffing.

he had better say that crew was 100% legit, i believe the donks also benefited from a fumble or non-fumble that went in their favor earlier in the game.  the replay equipment had a "malfunction" just the same exact time the chargers wanted to challenge the call.

luckily the NYJ/NE game ended early; im just glad i got to see almost the entire 4th quarter of that game.   as for those fuckbags at fox sports who decided that my viewing area NEEDED to see the entire blowout from start to finish of the Gints over the hapless rams, they get a bif eff U.  all the while there were tight games going down to the wire between: GB/Det, Indy/Min, NO/wash, and Chi/Car.  way to drop the ball on that one douches!

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2008 at 08:38 »

You still have the mighty DirecTV right?  Time to sign up sonny.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: