Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 03, 2014 at 00:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Palin this should scare you all  (Read 1726 times)
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Sep 24, 2008 at 20:36 »

http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2008/09/sarah...or-rapture.html

http://blacklistednews.com/?news_id=1490

Goes along with all I have said about these two starting a war with Russia or who knows!
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2008 at 21:38 by The Emperor » Logged

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
whitmer_87

« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2008 at 08:59 »

Gotta love right wing religious loons! Made me think of a quote from one of the greatest movies ever made; Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness."-Hospitaller
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2008 at 09:31 by otismalibu » Logged

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
whitmer_87

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2008 at 09:04 »

Why the hell wont that movie title italicize?  

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2008 at 09:15 »

Sadly, it's the same game we've played for decades.  We "marry" one dictator to stabilize a region for our benefit, or to neutralize the influence of another.

We get in bed with the wackos in Georgia or the Ukraine because of the growing Russian threat (in the sense that the Russian gov. is becoming more old-school hardline).  If we can get into the surrounding nations, it helps to isolate the threat, not to mention create the possibility of putting missiles or other defenses in place.

We did it with the Shah of Iran (for oil).  

We did it with Saddam for a while in Iraq (to isolate Iran).

We did it with Osama bin Laden.

We did it with Hugo Chavez.

We did it with the Contras.

Making deals with the devil may get you what you want now, but it will eventually get you burned.

I'm no Palin/McCain apologist by any means, but I doubt that Obama can avoid those same pitfalls.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2008 at 10:08 »

Again, not to defend the Palin/McCain ticket, but I don't see that Palin's church affiliation is any more critical than Obama's.  And I think she's clearly using cliche and rhetoric to play to the crowd in that video.

No, I certainly don't agree with some of the beliefs that the blog claims belong to her church.  But I didn't totally agree with Obama's either.  He only left the church when it became politically expedient to do so.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
The Emperor

« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2008 at 20:20 »

Again, not to defend the Palin/McCain ticket, but I don't see that Palin's church affiliation is any more critical than Obama's.  And I think she's clearly using cliche and rhetoric to play to the crowd in that video.

No, I certainly don't agree with some of the beliefs that the blog claims belong to her church.  But I didn't totally agree with Obama's either.  He only left the church when it became politically expedient to do so.
Yes Obama's church is goofy also!

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
whitmer_87

« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2008 at 11:20 »

Damon slams Palin
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2008 at 11:21 by whitmer_87 » Logged

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2008 at 17:09 »

Matt Damon should STFU for 15 years, and then ask permission to speak again.  That's the last thing Obama needs, Hollywood types spouting off.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
whitmer_87

« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2008 at 23:26 »

It's no secret that the majority of Hollywood is far left.  At this point, with election day a little more than a month away, I don't see Hollywood having a significant effect on the election. The economy and debates will take center stage from here on out.

I found the comments fairly amusing personally. I'm really not impressed with Palin at all. The GOP have been saying how refreshing she is and all that bullshit, but I don't see it. All she has done is verbally blow McCain at the convention and made out to be a fool by the left because of her sub par performances in interviews. I think it would be scary if this country actually voted in another neocon, and I think that feeling would be exacerbated with Palin as VP. McCain is what? 129 years old? If he goes down...

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2008 at 21:04 »

Oh shit, Indian Jones done did it now!  He pissed off the Russians!  Cold War 2 coming on up!

Indiana angers Russian communists  

Members of the Russian Communist party have called for the new Indiana Jones film to be banned in the country because they say it distorts history.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, set during the Cold War, sees Harrison Ford's character battle Cate Blanchett's evil KGB agent.

St Petersburg Communist Party chief Sergei Malinkovich told the Reuters news agency it was "rubbish".

"Why should we agree to that sort of lie and let the West trick our youth?"

He said many Russian cinemagoers were teenagers who would be "completely unaware of what happened in 1957", when the film is set.

"They will go to the cinema and will be sure that in 1957 we made trouble for the United States and almost started a nuclear war.

"It's rubbish... In 1957 the communists did not run with crystal skulls throughout the US."

The Associated Press news agency quoted Moscow Communist official Andrei Andreyev as saying: "It is very disturbing if talented directors want to provoke a new Cold War."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7418727.stm
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: