Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 30, 2014 at 14:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Season tickets have arrived  (Read 612 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Sep 11, 2008 at 18:38 »

I have to hand it to the Penguins PR machine since Shero has taken over.  Nevermind what he's doing on the ice with that talent stacked team, the guy knows his PR (unlike CP).  Instances...

They started having players deliver season tickets to certain fans.

Then there is the package our season tickets come in.  A nice tin casing, with coupons, key chain, DVD of last season and media guide.

Throughout the seasons we received cup coasters, player banners, t-shirts, etc., etc.

Shirt off your back nights.

Setting up the TV outside for fans who couldn't get in for the playoffs.

Handing out turkeys to people in the Hill District who raised hell with the Penguins ever since a new arena topic came up.

Those are just some of the instances.  When Patrick was in charge, you were lucky to get a thank you and see you next year after watching a dismal season with the six other fans in the igloo.  Hats off to Ray Shero for the way he has handled that organization on and off the ice.

Although I will say this, I'm trying to figure out how the Penguins choose which fans have players deliver their season tickets.  If they go by the number of years that person has been a season ticket owner, I should have Sid at my front door either last season or this season.  What's up with that Ray?

Eitherway, it's almost that time.  Seems like just yesterday we were cleaning the ice with the Flyers.  Amazing how time fly's when you make a deep cup run.  When the season starts, I just want this team to get this absolutely moronic, idiotic and pointless European trip over with, get back home and back to business.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2008 at 18:52 »

Maybe you'll get really lucky next year, and they'll send Kris Beech to deliver them.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: