Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 22, 2014 at 04:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: These Linebackers  (Read 823 times)
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« on: Sep 30, 2008 at 13:12 »

Best unit since the 94-95 teams.  

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2008 at 14:20 »

Agreed. Timmons got ran over like a little bitch for that TD, but other than that they played amazing. What a bunch of badasses!

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2008 at 15:01 »

I've been especially impressed with Woodely who has already established himself as one of the better young pass rushers in the league.  The guy is a friggin' beast!

And I don't really fault Timmons for that McClain TD last night.  Timmons had to take a weird angle and McClain had a full head of steam and a good 20-30 lb weight advantage.  I was impressed he was able to close the gap and get in front of McClain.  He does probably need to bulk up a little bit though if he really wants to be great down the road.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
vcuram
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2008 at 15:29 »

Woodley reminds me a little of Greg Lloyd.

Timmons is really good in pass coverage already.

I had given up on Foote, but he's played very solid so far this year.

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 17:53 »

And I don't really fault Timmons for that McClain TD last night.  Timmons had to take a weird angle and McClain had a full head of steam and a good 20-30 lb weight advantage.  I was impressed he was able to close the gap and get in front of McClain.  He does probably need to bulk up a little bit though if he really wants to be great down the road.

Agree, he didn't have a solid angle & 230 tackling 260 should aim for hips & down.  another 10-15lbs would help in run situations, but might take from coverage/speed. 

This group is bad assed.

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 04:34 »

Silverback has been the one that has impressed me the most.  I never thought he would handle playing a full season without sitting out a few games here and there.  just thought his old bones wouldnt take to the every day grind of the NFL.  But FFS, get that man off of special teams

And did anyone else see that Harrison's stats up against the Ratbirds compared to "gods" boy rayray against the steelers?  aside from the bullshit tackle total of lewis, Harrison has equaled his sack total and forced more fumbles than Ray has his entire career against the steelers.  In only 2 games mind you!

#50 has been a welcome surprise this year as well.  After its all said and done this year, our bookend OLBs will have double digit sack totals each.  Not too shabby  Shocked

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 09:58 »

Harrison was going up against the mammoth tackle Gaither.  It looked like a dad and his kid (heightwise), except that Harrison, at a 6-7" height disadvantage, had all the leverage, speed, and whatever else it took.  That dude is one solid, angry motherfucker.  Not like he's all mouthy, he just plays angry. 

Woodley is IMO as advertised in the preseason hype, except that in some 1-on1 matchups where I expect him to overpower players, he can get stoned unexpectedly.  Still, hard to find fault, and for fuck's sake, he's a second-year guy still.

Farrior and Foote are competent and still not showing any great dropoff, but for all Foote's heady sacks, he can be awfully slow to the ballcarrier, and Farrior is something of a liability in coverage.  I still think we might be faster and better if Timmons and Foote switched roles.  I also don't like seeing RBs gauge us up the middle for 8, 9 yards, and that reflects on the ILBs.  Seen far too much of that at awkward times last year and this.

My grades so far for 2008:

Silverback: A     The Sportin' Woodley: A-     Farrior:  C+     Foote: C+

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: