Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 18, 2014 at 12:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GOODBIE LANCE KERWIN!!!11!!!!!!  (Read 675 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 30, 2008 at 15:03 »

Man, didn't see THAT one coming.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2008 at 15:24 »

He had to wait until Linehan was available.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2008 at 16:23 »

SING LAME KUFLINK!!!!!!!!!!11

Seriously though, Paul Hackett is a candidate?  Hell, maybe Al Davis'll try to lure Wanny and Cavanaugh from Pitt.  Please god.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2008 at 18:58 »

I suspect that Hackett will be dropped from consideration;  upon careful review of his resume, he had no prior experience in managing a Bed and Breakfast.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
vcuram
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2008 at 21:19 »

If there's a bigger dumbfuck than Al Davis, I haven't seen him.

Not that Lane Kiffin is a good coach or anything, I don't know.  Davis just handled this awful and now he's not going to pay Kiffin any kind of buyout or anything.  I can't see many good coaching prospects lining up to coach under Al.

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2008 at 22:00 »

Kiffin had a 5-15 record since being hired last year, losing his final game 28-18 on Sunday to San Diego. Offensive line coach Tom Cable will take over on an interim basis. The team has a bye this week before Cable coaches his first game at New Orleans on Oct. 12.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtcE...ov=ap&type=lgns

Cable.  

*snicker*

I guess Tom Droppingthekidsoffatt hepool was unavailable.

Seriously though, this seems like a situation tailor made for former game show contestant and offensive guru Brian Billick.  Tell me that's not perfect.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2008 at 23:07 »

So, once again, Pittsburgh has the youngest head coach in the league.

They were due.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 01, 2008 at 09:25 »

As bad as Oakland has been since, well, Gruden and Gannon, that team was at least showing something over the last few games.  Losing late, but not dead in the water like Cinci, St. Lou, Detroit...  I don't know if Lance was coaching the guys up and getting them slowly headed towards competency, but I think it was way to early in the season.

Only saw a snippet of the Dead Man Walking presser, and holy fuck is he ready to go.  It looked like his brains were bleeding out through his eyes or something.

Anyone taking that job had best be ready for a clusterfuck.  Sounds like if Lance put the toilet paper on the roller thingey over, Davis would be there changing it to under.  At least the Cheapazz Ronneys let Tomlin be his own man and, for better or worse, have say over coaching choices and the like.  If I had the choice of working for Al Davis for $10M a year or the Ronneys for $2M per, in all honesty there is no question it'd be the Ronneys.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 01, 2008 at 10:16 »

If I had the choice of working for Al Davis for $10M a year or the Ronneys for $2M per, in all honesty there is no question it'd be the Ronneys.

Meh, you know you'd never see all that money from Al anyway.  At least the Rooneys will pay you what they promise.

This whole deal with Kiffin is a setup to keep from paying the salary.  I'm surprise, I thought Davis would just have someone bust a cap in him.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: