Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 22:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar Picture and other Profile Stuff  (Read 2331 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Oct 02, 2008 at 06:45 »

Click "Profile" on the top menu.  Then you should see "Forum Profile Information" on the left side of the screen.  Click that sucker.  Then you should see stuff in the middle, choose the option to upload your own avatar or enter a url where it's located.  Look around the various profile options, pick and choose what you'd like - hide your email address, enter your birth date so we can congratulate you at the appropriate time, etc.

Also click "Home" on the top menu and let me know if you're seeing a bunch of stuff on the left (shoutbox, google add, user box, etc) and right (steeler schedule, google ad, recent posts, etc) and more stuff in the middle (articles, rss feeds for post gazette, trib, yahoo, etc).

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2008 at 06:49 »

Can you make the max size of an avatar 100x100 pixels? Not too intrusive, but large enough to get a good pic.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2008 at 08:58 »

Can you make the max size of an avatar 100x100 pixels? Not too intrusive, but large enough to get a good pic.

Looks like I never got back to you.  The one I'm using has always been 96x96.  Unless I'm missing a setting somewhere you should be able to use a larger one.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2008 at 10:46 »

Weird then, your Kenny pic is larger than my V.J. pic (which is 100x100). No biggie, was just curious.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2008 at 11:26 »

The properties on your pic are showing 65x65.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2008 at 11:53 »

That was odd. It was 100x100 in Photoshop. I resaved it with a different name, no other changes, bam. 100x100.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: