Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 23, 2014 at 03:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pitt beats South Florida (poll)  (Read 826 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Oct 03, 2008 at 01:42 »

Why must Pitt ruin the BCS hopes of every other Big East team?

(a) Can't stand being the non-name program in western PA. (Joe Walton>>Bruce Arians)
(b) Still bitter over losing Morelli to Penn St. 
(c) They might one day beat the schmucks they play early.  (If Pitt had beaten Bowling Green... you know the rest)
(d)  No one wants Penso to have tickets to any game that matters.... ever.

It's not a real poll, btw.

« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2008 at 01:45 by pensodyssey » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 08:11 »

They always come out flat against inferior opponents. I always felt that fell back on coaching.

But since I'm out of the viewing area, I don't get to see all the games. If the rest of the games were like last night, then coaching not to blame. They called a hell of a game last night IMO, but on many occasions the players didn't execute. Bill Stull is inconsistent, and missed tons of receivers, including overthrowing one that was wide open about 30 yards downfield. And that fake-punt definitely would have worked if the punter didn't short-arm it.

I was impressed with the d-line though. I felt they'd be the strength coming into this season and they stepped in up bigtime last night.

Anyways....Big East Champs?

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2008 at 10:13 »

They always come out flat against inferior opponents. I always felt that fell back on coaching.

But since I'm out of the viewing area, I don't get to see all the games. If the rest of the games were like last night, then coaching not to blame. They called a hell of a game last night IMO, but on many occasions the players didn't execute. Bill Stull is inconsistent, and missed tons of receivers, including overthrowing one that was wide open about 30 yards downfield. And that fake-punt definitely would have worked if the punter didn't short-arm it.

I was impressed with the d-line though. I felt they'd be the strength coming into this season and they stepped in up bigtime last night.

Anyways....Big East Champs?

You hit the nail on the head when it comes to Stull and inconsistency.  It also doesn't help that he has a weak arm and he's a statue in the pocket.  When it comes to coaching, I'm not and have never been a fan of Cavanaugh.  The man is way too conservative for my liking.  I'm not the biggest Wanny fan in the world and I do not feel he's without blame, but he takes all of heat when we lose, but Cavanaugh rarely takes any blame in this city when we lose to teams such as Bowling Green.  When it comes to Wanny, I keep hearing how he's bringing in all these good recruits, that's all fine and dandy, but if you don't win with them what's the point exactly?

Having said that, do I think we can win the Big East?  Sure, why not?  It's weak this year.  If we can get by WVU, which we did last season when WVU was playing better ball, it's ours.  Our problem is that this team as a whole lacks consistency.  We can go out and lose to Bowling Green, barely get by teams such as Buffalo, Iowa and Syracuse and then beat a South Florida team.  I never know which team is going to show up week to week.  We can beat South Florida one week and turn around and lose to Navy.  Hopefully that is not the case today at 3:30.

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2008 at 19:30 »

Our problem is that this team as a whole lacks consistency.  We can go out and lose to Bowling Green, barely get by teams such as Buffalo, Iowa and Syracuse and then beat a South Florida team.  I never know which team is going to show up week to week.

And on that note, we lose to Rutgers 54-34 at home.  You give up 50+ to a Rutgers team at home...you don't deserve the Big East title.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: