Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 22, 2014 at 12:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last Man Standing  (Read 507 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Oct 03, 2008 at 14:37 »

The guy who runs the bar where we watch the Steelers always asks me to join each year and I always pass. This year decided to cough up the $10 just to thank him for always giving us a big screen for the Steelers.

I think there were only 25-30 people in the whole group and we started with week #2. Now they are down to 4 or 5 and I'm still in the hunt.

I've used the Giants, Bills & Chargers thus far. Sadly, the Raiders have a bye so I can't have them give me a gift for the 3rd straight week.

I need an AJ lock. Anyone? Bengals at Cowboys scares me. They've got to win sometime, no?
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2008 at 14:39 by otismalibu » Logged
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 15:46 »

Panthers are up and down, but against the Chiefs at home, after the Chiefs beat the Broncos?  I like that.  That's like the Chiefs' Super Bowl, and now they can get back to the business of sucking.

Cowboys IMO looks even better.  Get ready for the Amazing bungholes to drop to naught-and-5.  Palmer's hurting, and they don't have much going right on either side of the ball.  Oh, and Dallas just lost, so they'll play pissed.  If you want to save Dallas for later in the season, go Panthers.  But Dallas looks pretty damned safe to me.  As in, of all the upsets and freaky deaky shit this year, this would be the upsettiest and the freaky deakiest.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 16:04 »

Is Palmer out? I forgot about that.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 17:31 »

Actually damn shame the Cowgirls held on.  3 reasons I was hoping for the upset.

First, Cowboys in top 2 of most hated teams with Patsies.

Second, Bengals not a threat, even with that win.  On the other hand, that loss, at home, would have been devastating to the psyche of the 'Boys.  Consider them done if Bungle boy Perry doesn't fumble (5th this year) at the critical moment when the Cowboys are reeling.  Could have been up 2 or maybe 6 or 7; instead, down 8.

Third (and reason posted here), 29% of ESPN world had that game in the eliminator challenge.  Would have seriously thinned the herd.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 18:41 »

Would have seriously thinned the herd.

No shit. I was thinking the Colts and Cowboys would lose. I took the Panthers yesterday.

You'd think the Rams @ Skins would be a safe bet next week, but those 0-fer teams scare me.

I hope the Bengals win this week, so they're not looking for their first win against us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: