Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 20, 2014 at 20:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pens vs Sens  (Read 982 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Oct 04, 2008 at 14:37 »

1-1 after one.  Kennedy with the lone goals. 

The PP looks horrible.  Malkin has had a shot blocked on the PP while playing the point, a shot that completely missed the net on the PP while playing the point and he pinched up on the PP from the point and the puck ended up going the other way on a 2 on 1.

Yeah, not liking that idea.

EDIT: Malkin coughs up the puck on the PP and the Sens score a SH goal.  3-2 after 2 and the Sens have a 5 on 3 for a 1:24 to work with at the opening of the third.

For the record, by no means am I blaming Malkin.  This isn't his fault.  He was put in this situation and these are the results.  The results being around 10 minutes of blown PP time, a few odd man rushes and a SH goal.
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2008 at 15:31 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 16:30 »

Pens win in OT.  Kennedy scores.  Two goals for him today.

Dodged a bullet in that game.  I believe we ended up 0-8 on the PP.  Might want to get that worked out.  Eitherway, good win.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 16:37 »

Agree with you about the PP looking terrible. Malkin needs to be taken off the point and played along the boards where his slapshot is put to good use.

I know it's only one game, but when Sykora comes back, how do you feel about putting Kennedy on Sid's line?
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 22:53 »

I know it's only one game, but when Sykora comes back, how do you feel about putting Kennedy on Sid's line?

That means you would have to take Satan off Sid's line and put him on the second line and put Sykora on the third line.  Satan, Sykora and Kennedy are all RW's.  Personally, I would have a hard time moving Sykora to a third line.  This is a guy who put up 28 goals and 35 assists last season.     

IMO, you put Sykora right back on the second line and you put Kennedy on the third, which I believe will be one hell of a line if Kennedy continues to play the way he played today.  Definately a high energy line.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2008 at 14:43 »

Game #2

Sens are starting Auld in net and Goligoski is playing and is paired up with Letang on the first PP unit.  Orpik and Eaton are paired up on the second PP unit.  Up to this point, we are 0-2 on the PP after one period of play in a 0-0 hockey game.  On the first PP, Goligoski/Letang looked a little shaky.  On the second PP, they looked much more comfortable together, with Goligoski getting a shot on net.  While we are 0-2 on the PP, they look much more settled while on the PP.  It looks as if they have a plan and the passing looks much more better than yesterday's showing where they went 0-7 on the PP and gave up a SH goal.

Interesting side note.  Ruutu completely roughed up Crosby in the first.  Hit him from behind and then intentionally fell on top of him and was basically grinding Sid's skull into the ice with his leg.  Later on in the first Orpik lit up Ruutu for a little payback.

And shortly after the second started, we get another PP chance.  Therrien puts Malkin back out on the point, we give up a SH chance.  Thankfully they didn't score and unfortunately neither did we.  Sens get a PP goals on a B.S. call on Godard.  1-0 Sens.
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2008 at 15:11 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2008 at 16:22 »

Pens lose 3-1.

Goligoski on the PP with Letang on the other point with the lone Penguin goal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: