Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 21:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Change your site look - Skin picker  (Read 3448 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Oct 05, 2008 at 14:55 »

On the home page the skin picker is back.  I've added two of the many choices made available by the fine folks at SMF.  First, there's a Tolkien based theme for the Steelers fan with a geek inside.  It's pretty cool looking so if you wanna see MGS through a different lens then check this one out.  Then there's a really slick but dark theme named Black14K.  This one looks great in Firefox but has some problems with IE and Chrome, haven't tested any others.  And for all browsers the articles text practically matches the background.  But if you like it and don't plan to read articles then hey, it's there.

But I still like the site default best.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2008 at 18:43 »

Just finished the pfcritics and statcounter links to another cool skin called "reBorn."  Like the Tolkien theme it's not Steelerish at all but it is very slick looking.  If I can figure out how to Steelerize it w/out ruining then I will some day.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2008 at 22:25 »

All of the skins look great in the new Opera browser.

http://www.opera.com/download/

Get version 9.52

It's fast, stable.  I've always loved Opera but they got behind the curve when Firefox kept coming out with upgrades.  Now they're back.  Very smooth scrolling, it loads pages faster, just an all around great browser.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 21:22 »

Added another one to the picker which has some customizable options across the top bar.  It's called "Delta" and is another very slick and clean skin.  Everything seems to work well but there's a quirk:  you can adjust the width but when you move to different sections it resets.  Not noticable if you don't change it.

It's not a very Steelerish one either but some folks may like it.  Left the top logo out of this one.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2008 at 08:22 »

New skin name "Helios" is available.  It's a dark theme with a color picker across the top bar.  Check it out!

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2008 at 08:31 »

Me likes.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2008 at 08:40 »

Cool!  Hey, have you checked out the media gallery?  It seems to be missing a certain belly flop ...

And the famous Terrible Towel flying high at the Colts stadium during the SB XL run.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2008 at 12:21 »

I will get the flop and my SB XL pics posted soon.

Couple of things I have noticed in the new theme. The PM link is not included at the top with the Home-Forum-etc. Also, the side "button" showing read/unread posts doesn't change color to give indications that a forum has unread posts in it. Lastly, when you click on "mark all posts as read" it takes you to an error page and doesn't mark them as read.

Hope that makes sense, let me know if it doesn't. Good work Jonzr on the site.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2008 at 13:05 »

Didn't notice the PM link is missing.  I'll be damned.  Will check the SMF site and see if there are any bugs/fixes reported for the Helios theme.

What are you doing marking all as read!?  You're supposed to be reading them till read!  I just tried and that worked.  Give it another whirl.

The new posts indicator works for me.  Just look at them for a minute if you know there are some new posts, it's subtle.  It's as if they're glowing.
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2008 at 13:08 by jonzr » Logged

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2008 at 13:44 »

Wow! Way subtle. Any way to make it less subtle? I like the theme, but I may have to go back so I can follow things easier.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: