Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 30, 2014 at 08:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stapleton  (Read 719 times)
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« on: Oct 06, 2008 at 10:06 »

Anyone impressed with his performance too?  He seemed to get his blocking assignments right, seal running lanes well, and most importantly didn't get knocked on his ass by a bull rush.  I'm thinking he may be a long term answer at guard.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 10:07 »

I never heard his name called once.  That's supposed to be good if you're on the OL, right?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 10:17 »

He did get called for a hold, or false start, I can't remember which, but I thought he played pretty well for his first start. Much better than that POS KS. Makes me wonder how good of a center he is.
jcharding
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 11:07 »

Stapleton did get run over once. 

On the other hand, he did not - as Kemo did - simply watch someone run right by him to go and paste Ben. I kid not.  Kemo was blocking absolutely nobody, and the guy right in front of him simply ran right by him.  This was not an instance where people could be confused by a blitz read - it was at least a full second after the snap.  The really bad part is Kemo watched him the whole way.  As in - hey, look at this guy.  Look at this guy run right by me, isn't that cool.  I think I'll watch him go destroy that guy behind me.  I wonder who that guy behind me is?  Can't be important.  Wow.  He really nailed that guy ...

I don't need no stinking avatar!
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 11:16 »

At least Colon tackled the guy who got by him before he could hit the QB.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 13:31 »

LMAO.  That was hilarious when they replayed it.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 14:10 »

If you can't beat 'em, hurt 'em.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 14:28 »

I think it's hard to judge because, IMO, generally speaking, Jacksonville doesn't run the kind of defense that's been giving Pittsburgh fits.  They're not an exotic, creative, disguise-who-you're-bringin' kind of defense ala Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Philly, Dallas, etc.  Usually, you don't see a DE dropping into coverage.

For the most part, they're a line 'em up, bring their front 4 and add to that with a LB or two or possibly a DB.  With those groups, the line generally does OK.  It's also the reason why I'm not as concerned about playing a team like the Giants who rely on their front four a lot to get pressure on the QB.

What I think is pretty impressive is that Pittsburgh played a good chunk of that game with new faces at 4 out of the 5 starting OL spots as compared to who they marched out there for the playoff game against Jax last year and they still looked like a pretty cohesive unit.  Hopefully Smith isn't out for a prolonged period of time though.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: