Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 23, 2014 at 08:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy game tonight  (Read 399 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« on: Oct 06, 2008 at 23:09 »

Wild stuff tonight.  Didn't see the first half, which apparently was even more bizzarre.

Hoculi seriously jobbed the Saints.  Screwed up again.  That ball Peterson fumbled that he said "was still in his hand" when his knee touched the ground?  BS.  The ball was coming out. 

Also noted the ref with one of the biggest wuss moves I've ever seen.  That last pass interference call, did anyone else see the ref in the middle of the field?  He goes for his flag, stops, waits to see what the other guy does.  Aftyer the other ref's flag is out and on the ground, he then reaches for his and throws it.  WTF is that?  Guess it's for grading purposes.  Didn't want to be downgraded for missing the call he didn't have the balls to make in the first place.

Saints hurt themselves plenty, but refs hurt them bad.  Missed facemask that led to a fumble.

I needed about 35 points from Bush to win my other league game.  Came a lot closer than I expected, but don't think it was quite enough.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 23:34 »

Also noted the ref with one of the biggest wuss moves I've ever seen.  That last pass interference call, did anyone else see the ref in the middle of the field?  He goes for his flag, stops, waits to see what the other guy does.  Aftyer the other ref's flag is out and on the ground, he then reaches for his and throws it.  WTF is that?  Guess it's for grading purposes.  Didn't want to be downgraded for missing the call he didn't have the balls to make in the first place.

I didnt get that impression watching the replay.  kind of looked like the ref went to grab his flag and didnt get a good grip on it at first. 

the reffin was seriously craptastic the entire game. alot of missed calls, especially on the non-call on the face mask that almost ripped off Bush's head.

but anyway, i think its safe to assume after 5 weeks of football that Ed Hochuli and his fine crew wont be making any post season appearances.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2008 at 00:01 »

I didnt get that impression watching the replay.  kind of looked like the ref went to grab his flag and didnt get a good grip on it at first. 

I thought that at first, but initially when I saw the replay, I thought he was waiting.  Just watched it again.  You may be right, it looks like he's trying to find it in his belt.  I stand corrected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: