Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 03:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hines Ward fined?!?!  (Read 706 times)
bamf16
Old School Member

« on: Oct 09, 2008 at 14:36 »

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/09/hines-ward-fined-5000-for-unnecessary-roughness/

Unfriggin' believable.  Yet he was the victim of a late hit out of bounds on which there WAS a flag, yet no fine came about.

Thank goodness Jack Lambert played in the 70's.  No way he survives today.  He'd be flat broke.

Combine this fine with the Harrison penalty, and what is this game coming to?

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2008 at 16:49 »

The Hines Ward fine I don't get.  I do not recall Ward doing anything wrong.  It's becoming more and more of a cupcake league as each season passes.

The Harrison fine is understandable in my opinion.  While the call on the field was absolutely horrible and I do believe things need to change when it comes to the officiating in the NFL, when you state that an official might have money on the game or that he's on the take, you better expect a fine.  That's going a little overboard if you ask me.  Particulary when you make those statements not even a year after the NBA officiating scandal.  Those are some pretty serious accusations to be making on a person.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2008 at 20:03 »

And another one....

Steelers' Clark fined for helmet hit
Thursday, October 09, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers safety Ryan Clark was fined $7,500 this week by the NFL for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Jacksonville receiver Matt Jones Sunday, Clark told ESPN 1250 on a radio talk show this afternoon.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08283/918798-100.stm
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2008 at 08:07 »

As one of the commenters in the Ward story asked, does anybody know where the money from league fines goes?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2008 at 08:21 »

As one of the commenters in the Ward story asked, does anybody know where the money from league fines goes?

Believe it goes to NFL Charities. So it is tax deductible, which is a plus.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2008 at 09:01 »

Clark definitely deserved to be fined.  He was intentionally taking a shot at a defenseless player.  The ball wasn't even close to Jones either.

Iwonder if Ward got fined for the little boxing match he had early in the game.  I don't know who he was locked up with, but they were pulling each others face mask and stiff arming each other.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2008 at 09:37 »

Several people mentioned Corey Ivy, but I don't recall the specific situation.

Still, if you're gonna fine a man, at least tell him exactly why you're doing it.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: