Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 30, 2014 at 14:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polamalu calls NFL "Pansy game"  (Read 880 times)
jclaywell18
Been pimpin, since been pimpin, since been pimpin
No longer a N00b!

« on: Oct 16, 2008 at 11:51 »

Couldn't agree more. Last time I checked these are world class athletes playing a game they love and knew the risks when they signed up. Stop fining players for every lame ass hit and let them play football. Link below

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3646392
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2008 at 11:54 by jclaywell18 » Logged

I'm just gonna walk this off....

Gold jacket, green jacket..who gives a shit
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 12:12 »

I love it.  Of course, those comments will cost him $10,000.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 12:26 »

You know when Troy speaks out, he means it.
And I'm guessing it costs him at least $15,000.  So much for free speech... Roll Eyes

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 12:43 »

The NFL is trying to protect its stars (except Ben, who they let get manhandled without so much as a fucking flag on a weekly basis). I'm sure officals are told by NFL offices or whatever to keeps the Brady's, Romos, and whoever healthy at all costs.

But guess what, it ain't working. Besides creating some of the most inconsistant calls from week to week, note to the NFL: YOU'RE GOLDEN BOYS ARE STILL GETTING HURT.

Brady, who would a get a defensive player flagged for anything, done for the year. Romo, even though the officials blew the play dead when he fumbled, I'm sure to avoid injury, is out for a month. People are going to get hurt. Period.

The rules and penalties are getting out of hand. It's to the point where I can't even get excited during a sack because I have to wait and make sure the defensive playing didn't break one of the 567 rules protecting quarterbacks. A defensive player has to hold up on hitting a receiver, or back or whatever, or he's going to get fined/penalized. Apparently now blocking downfield by a receiver is illegal.

Going to a QBs knees and blatantly late hits should be penalized/fined. Anything else, let them play.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 13:05 »

Ward was fined $10,000 following the Steelers' 26-21 win at Jacksonville on Oct. 5, a week after drawing a $5,000 fine for a play in which he stepped over Baltimore cornerback Corey Ivy on Sept. 29. Ward did not draw a penalty on either play.

Oh, the brute.

"When you see guys like Dick Butkus, the Ronnie Lotts, the Jack Tatums, these guys really went after people," Polamalu told reporters. "Now, they couldn't survive in this type of game. They wouldn't have enough money. They'd be paying fines all the time and they'd be suspended for a year after they do it two games in a row. It's kind of ridiculous."

I realize the game evolves, but Troy's spot-on with this.  Good to see he's a student of the game... the real game, not the finesse bullshit game.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 23:39 »

I think its utterly rediculous that players are getting fined for clean hits in the heat of battle so to speak.  unless someone is hitting late, spearing, or being otherwise dirty unnecessarily, no one should ever get fined.

and Hines got fined for stepping over someone?  Walking over someone, seriously are you kidding me?  wtf

shit if a player is going to get fined, might as well make it worth your while and knock someones head off to get them out of the game.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 17, 2008 at 13:22 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: