Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 19, 2014 at 14:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4-1 and 1-4  (Read 1323 times)
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« on: Oct 13, 2008 at 15:19 »

So, what's the difference between 1-4 for the Steelers and 4-1?

-Troy doesn't make the pic in the Stains game.
-ANY different bounce in the Ratties game
-Ben gets sacked on the key 3rd down play vs. JAX.

You have to love the NFL... a game of inches.

I do believe the Steelers have an X factor in all of this:  With Ben as QB, I feel we are never out of any game, no matter the circumstances.
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2008 at 10:25 »

Honestly, I feel the same exact way.  No matter how bad the O-Line plays, I always feel like the game is within reach with Ben at the helm.  I can't imagine a whole lot of teams having that peace of mind.  We have a one of a kind player in Big Ben. 

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2008 at 11:04 »

Honestly, I feel the same exact way.  No matter how bad the O-Line plays, I always feel like the game is within reach with Ben at the helm.  I can't imagine a whole lot of teams having that peace of mind.  We have a one of a kind player in Big Ben. 

Yeah, but, he's no Elle Manningham though.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2008 at 15:20 »

Yeah, but, he's no Elle Manningham though.
Ben woulda made that tackle on the interception last night. Elle wiffed!

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2008 at 19:44 »

SINGE ELVIS MANNINGHAM!!!!!!!1!

I love how guys like Jaws are freaking out because Thee God Brady is out, and The Other God Peyton has been in a coma.  So it's like, quick, scramble to find a replacement idol... Romo!  Oh wait, Romo's kinda cooled off... Eli!  He's undef-- fuuuuuuuuck, how the fuck do you lose to the Browns?!? 

So who's the elite QB now, Jaws?  Don't fucking mention Ben, good Lord no.  Maybe Kyle Orton looks like the next coming or some shit.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2008 at 22:15 »

So who's the elite QB now, Jaws? 

i think that new kid from detroit has a real shot as THEE next great one.  as long as he works on the boundries of an NFL field, he's gonna be Gold!

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 14:06 »

SINGE ELVIS MANNINGHAM!!!!!!!1!

I love how guys like Jaws are freaking out because Thee God Brady is out, and The Other God Peyton has been in a coma.  So it's like, quick, scramble to find a replacement idol... Romo!  Oh wait, Romo's kinda cooled off... Eli!  He's undef-- fuuuuuuuuck, how the fuck do you lose to the Browns?!? 

So who's the elite QB now, Jaws?  Don't fucking mention Ben, good Lord no.  Maybe Kyle Orton looks like the next coming or some shit.

Aaron Rodgers was getting all the props after the first few weeks, but he kinda fell off the radar following a few losses and injury.  Trent Edwards was next in the queue, but I think he's still lying on a field somewhere wondering if he'd like mayo or mustard on his roast beef sammich.  Phirrip Livers was next, but they've been kinda hot/cold so he's taking that one week to week.  The new flavor of the week was Jason Cutlery for awhile there, but last week he looked very Jake Plummer~like against the Jaguars.  Pass.  Ditto Jason Campbell against that St. Louis powerhouse.  Guaranteed Matt Ryan is one or two good starts away from sitting atop this list.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 14:38 »

Aaron Rodgers was getting all the props after the first few weeks, but he kinda fell off the radar following a few losses and injury.  Trent Edwards was next in the queue, but I think he's still lying on a field somewhere wondering if he'd like mayo or mustard on his roast beef sammich.  Phirrip Livers was next, but they've been kinda hot/cold so he's taking that one week to week.  The new flavor of the week was Jason Cutlery for awhile there, but last week he looked very Jake Plummer~like against the Jaguars.  Pass.  Ditto Jason Campbell against that St. Louis powerhouse.  Guaranteed Matt Ryan is one or two good starts away from sitting atop this list.

And wasn't Flacco gettin' some love early?

What would Lee Flowers say about all this?
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2008 at 16:24 »

What would Lee Flowers say about all this?

Buncha paper QBs?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 17, 2008 at 15:18 »

Some love?  They were all over this guy's jock. 

So I when I got home from the game, I turned on ESPN.  I was expecting to hear how the Steelers beat the Baltimore Ravens and the best defense the NFL has EVER seen.  When I got home from the game,  I turn on ESPN and they were still slobbering over this guy.  Do not mention Roethlisberger and the 4-1 record at the time, let's pimp Flacco to no end.  It's disgusting.

The way these jagoffs on ESPN talk and in this order....

Best QB's in our division:

1) Palmer

2) Anderson

3) Flacco

4) Roethlisberger
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: