Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 07:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roy Williams Roy Williams TO Roy Williams  (Read 696 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Oct 14, 2008 at 15:53 »

Roy Williams is hurt and they're down 3 secondary players so the Cowboys opt to get another Roy Williams to help out their WR corps.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txcowboyslionsroywilliamstrade&prov=st&type=lgns

Makes perfect sense.  You gotta keep that TO happy.  He'll love having another talented, highly-touted WR around to help ease the load.

It's a match made in hell.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2008 at 07:39 »

I seriously don't get this trade at all. I thought their depth at wr was fine.

A first? A third? And a sixth? Are you serious? For Roy Williams? I know he's been in Det his whole career and everything but everytime I've seen him play he's caught the ball like he just got done eating a jumbo bucket of popcorn.

And another set of hands to take passes away from ME-O. So I'm sure this isn't going to cause any drama.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2008 at 09:36 »

I seriously don't get this trade at all. I thought their depth at wr was fine.

A first? A third? And a sixth? Are you serious? For Roy Williams? I know he's been in Det his whole career and everything but everytime I've seen him play he's caught the ball like he just got done eating a jumbo bucket of popcorn.

And another set of hands to take passes away from ME-O. So I'm sure this isn't going to cause any drama.

I think it was espn who reported TO was "thrilled" at the trade, since he'd see less double coverage now. 

IMO the loss of Romo kills this team.  There's no way they're as big a downfield threat with Johnson back there.  He's a good sub, for sure, but he's still just a sub.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2008 at 10:43 »

Godzirra!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2008 at 11:32 »

I think it was espn who reported TO was "thrilled" at the trade, since he'd see less double coverage now. 

IMO the loss of Romo kills this team.  There's no way they're as big a downfield threat with Johnson back there.  He's a good sub, for sure, but he's still just a sub.

[/quote]

Even if that's true, upgrading your # 2 receiver (with a lazy butterfingers-underachiever) at the cost of 3 draft picks, including a 1st and a 3rd is asinine, especially considering receiver wasn't even a major need on this team.

I agree with you on Romo though.

It doesn't matter anyways. This team is destined to never win another playoff game. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of guys.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2008 at 12:34 »

Even if that's true, upgrading your # 2 receiver (with a lazy butterfingers-underachiever) at the cost of 3 draft picks, including a 1st and a 3rd is asinine, especially considering receiver wasn't even a major need on this team.

I agree.  When did Jerry Jones hire Vinny Cerrato?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2008 at 22:35 »

someone needs to tell old Jerry Jones that no matter how big a fuckin grin he has during his PCs he still comes across as a liar.

Im sure TO had a woody the size of the new dallas stadium when he heard the good news. Roll Eyes

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: