Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 16:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My friggin' worthless opinion  (Read 1576 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2008 at 13:17 »

Fact is, I doubt we've started the same 11 on offense two weeks in a row. Maybe not defense either.  While that doesn't excuse everything, it helps explain why the O doesn't seem to be in synch.

True...but again, I'll stress what I said in the original post:  Biggest offensive loss last week was our infamous pothead.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2008 at 13:23 »

Even when we were relatively healthy, I still think these problems were there, Texans game aside.

I thought Hampton was hurt.  He came off the field so slowly I thought he'd torn something.  Then I realized that he leaves the field that slowly every time.  If Eli had done a hurry-up, he could have caught us with 12 men on the field.  This goes back to the debate on Snack's conditioning, and frankly I don't think he's holding the POA as well as he used to. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2008 at 14:01 »

Even when we were relatively healthy, I still think these problems were there, Texans game aside.

I thought Hampton was hurt.  He came off the field so slowly I thought he'd torn something.  Then I realized that he leaves the field that slowly every time.  If Eli had done a hurry-up, he could have caught us with 12 men on the field.  This goes back to the debate on Snack's conditioning, and frankly I don't think he's holding the POA as well as he used to. 

Unless something really drastic happens in the next 6 months, I think without question, they should be focusing on a OT in R1; a DT or IOL in R2; and for R3, focus on whichever wasn't taken in R2.  Maybe consider a CB or S if one slips, but other than that, there are your position targets.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Oct 28, 2008 at 14:10 »

Unless something really drastic happens in the next 6 months, I think without question, they should be focusing on a OT in R1; a DT or IOL in R2; and for R3, focus on whichever wasn't taken in R2.  Maybe consider a CB or S if one slips, but other than that, there are your position targets.

I noticed last night that the Titans have some stud defensive linemen who are from Southeast Podunk Dingdongville St., or some similar institution.  Perhaps we could do some looking and FIND a few of those for ourselves, Kevin?

jcharding
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #14 on: Oct 28, 2008 at 14:16 »

I was looking at ESPN's McShay's draft rankings and (yes, I know its early) there wasn't a single offensive lineman listed between slots 16 and 32.

I don't need no stinking avatar!
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Oct 28, 2008 at 16:41 »

Is this a post from 2007?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Oct 29, 2008 at 07:38 »

Colbert is saving us a lot of time.  We can just cut and paste instead of having to type.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Oct 29, 2008 at 10:27 »

And '06...'05...'04...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: