Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 09:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ward Broke Rivers' Jaw  (Read 2712 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Oct 21, 2008 at 16:12 »

PFT.com reports that NFL Net says Ward won't be fined.

As it should be....

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Oct 29, 2008 at 18:23 »

Ward should just buy this guy a box of maxi-pads, a box of bon-bons, a box of tissues, a life time subscription to the Oxygen and Life Time channels and get it over with...

The Bengals' Rivers talks about Ward hit: 'What goes around ...'
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
By Joe Kay, The Associated Press

(AP) -- Speaking out for the first time about the hit that broke his jaw, Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers made it clear Wednesday he's looking forward to his next game against the Pittsburgh Steelers and Hines Ward.

Ward leveled the rookie with a straight-up block on the fourth play of Pittsburgh's 38-10 victory on Oct. 19, leaving Rivers with a broken jaw. Ward wasn't penalized or fined for the block, which came from Rivers' side as he was chasing a ball carrier.

The first-round draft pick from Southern California has his jaw wired shut. He was in the locker room today and spoke with reporters about the block.

"I mean, I would have done it," he said. "Honestly, whatever. It is what it is. You know, you reap what you sow. That's what happens. What goes around, comes around. We'll see what happens."

If the injury wasn't so severe, Rivers said he would have done everything possible to be back on the field for the rematch in Pittsburgh on Nov. 20.

"If I was able to -- if I didn't go on (injured reserve) -- I'd do everything in my will," he said. "Shoot some cortisone in my face and I'll go. Whatever."

Reminded that the AFC North teams play twice a year, so he'll have plenty of chances to face Ward again, Rivers responded, "It's all good."

The Steelers and Bengals have a recent history of season-ending hits that left some enmity. Quarterback Carson Palmer -- another first-round pick from USC -- got his left knee torn up on a low hit by Kimo von Oelhoffen during a 2005 playoff loss to the Steelers. During his rehabilitation, Palmer said he hated the Steelers, but later softened his remarks.

Rivers was the Bengals' second-leading tackler when he got hurt. Initially, he thought the injury was nothing more than a broken tooth.

"I didn't know I broke my jaw until I got the X-rays and they said it was broken in two places," Rivers said.

Rivers said that Ward hasn't called or sent him a text message. The wide receiver initially celebrated the hit on the field, then showed concern when he realized Rivers was hurt. He gave the linebacker a pat on the back as he walked off the field.

Ward sent a text to Bengals receiver Chad Ocho Cinco after the game, asking him to pass along an apology.

"Hines texted me that night when they got back to Pittsburgh to deliver the message to Keith about him being sorry about the hit," Ocho Cinco said today. "Again, he was just playing football. He didn't mean to be cheap at all. That's the way Hines has always played the game. He just wanted to send his apology and he was sorry."

Rivers wore a USC stocking cap, a long-sleeve T-shirt and black Bengals shorts on Wednesday. Wires span the top and bottom rows of his teeth, which are clamped tight. He makes an effort to be understood even though he can't move his mouth.

Asked if it hurts to talk, he said, "Sometimes. There are times I don't feel like talking anymore."

Rivers will have the jaw wired for seven more weeks. It will be a couple months beyond that before he can resume a full diet. For now, he's limited to nutrition drinks, shakes and soup. He has already lost 12 pounds.

It's the first time that Rivers has suffered a season-ending injury. A pulled hamstring during his sophomore season at USC was his worst injury to this point.

"I'm just mad," he said. "I've lost a season. Your career is short, and I've already lost one year. It's really depressing and disappointing."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08303/923891-66.stm
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Oct 29, 2008 at 22:08 »

The first-round draft pick from Southern California has his jaw wired shut. He was in the locker room today and spoke with reporters about the block.

"I mean, I would have done it," he said. "Honestly, whatever. It is what it is. You know, you reap what you sow. That's what happens. What goes around, comes around. We'll see what happens."

If the injury wasn't so severe, Rivers said he would have done everything possible to be back on the field for the rematch in Pittsburgh on Nov. 20.

"If I was able to -- if I didn't go on (injured reserve) -- I'd do everything in my will," he said. "Shoot some cortisone in my face and I'll go. Whatever."
[/b]

They got all that from a dude with his jaw wired shut?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Oct 29, 2008 at 22:57 »

If a head on a pillow can shake Newt Gingrich's hand, anything's possible.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #24 on: Oct 30, 2008 at 06:54 »

[/b]

If the Charlie Brown kids can understand the adults, how hard could it be to understand a mumbling whining Rivers?

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Oct 30, 2008 at 07:24 »

"Hines texted me that night when they got back to Pittsburgh to deliver the message to Keith about him being sorry about the hit," Ocho Cinco said today. "Again, he was just playing football. He didn't mean to be cheap at all. That's the way Hines has always played the game. He just wanted to send his apology and he was sorry."

This week's sign that the apocalypse is upon us:

Ocho Cinco as the voice of reason.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
TucsonSteeler

« Reply #26 on: Oct 30, 2008 at 10:12 »

This had to be the funniest interview on the plant.  Can you imagine the slurring words while the spit rolls out of the corners of his mouth?  Reminds me of Robbin Williams in "The World According to Garp"....Isheech lovshs yozz shows mushh!

I would love for someone to ask Lambert what he thinks of Ward.  If Lambert was dead I would honestly believe that he was reincarnated into Ward.

BUST THEM IN THE MOUTH!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: