Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 09:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pens vs Bruins  (Read 736 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Oct 20, 2008 at 17:57 »

Sabourin getting the nod tonight.  Giving Fleury a break tonight.  Cooke is also still out. 

Thornton vs Godard should be a interesting matchup.

Bring'em on.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2008 at 18:49 »

1-0 Pens after one.

The Bruins completely schooled us all period long.  Had to kill 3 penalties.  Getting beat to the puck.  Losing faceoffs like it's nobody's business.

The bright side, Malkin is "On a mission from Gad" tonight.  The guy has been giving 100% tonight.  Brought on a rush, was pulled down (delayed penalty), still got the shot off and all Satan had to do was put it in the net.  Beautiful play by Malkin.  Good to see Satan finally put one in while 5 on 5 while having the top left corner to shoot.  Hopefully when and if he's placed back up on line one, he can do it more often.
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2008 at 19:11 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2008 at 21:27 »

Strong game by Sabo! If he can come in and replace MAF like that every once in a while, all my worries will be for not. How 'bout the forcheck by Dupuis. I thought that was Hines Ward for a moment. Goddard is a much better skater than La-Rock and makes no bones about his role, unlike La-Rock. I'm beginning to like him. I thought Scuderi had a bad game. Couldn't get the puck out of his own zone and lost every battle along the wall. On the other hand, Gill has been playing solid D every night so far. I thought the knock on him was that he's a slow starter. You wouldn't know it this year. I liked the energy of the first line but after that, we got nothing. Except for Kennedy of course, his engine never stops. Talbot was everybody's bitch tonight, he got lit upearly and often. Malkin must be practicing the shootouts. Nice move.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2008 at 21:51 »

Sabourin stepped up big time tonight.  That game would have been over in the first if it were not for him.  I sort of expected us to come out flat in the first.  We are on the road, playing a pretty good Boston team who was home for the first time since the season started.  Thankfully we weathered that first period storm.

Staal played an absolutely horrible game.  He took two stupid penalties, one in OT while we were on a 4 on 3 PP.  He should buy Sabourin a steak tonight, because Sabourin saved his ass.  We are watching Kessel turn into a pretty damn good hockey player and he was drafted in the same class as Staal, it's time for Staal to start showing me something from a offensive standpoint.  The guy has never been a big goal scorer, so I'm not expecting 40-50 goals, but I am expecting better play than I have seen up to this point.

Malkin and Crosby both played balls out tonight.  Just a suggestion to Malkin though, take twenty minutes out of each practice and work on faceoffs.  He really struggles with faceoffs.  Sid had the same problem, he made it a point to work on it and now he's good on faceoffs.  Malkin has all the talent in the world, I'm sure he can learn just as easily as Sid.

It was nice to finally see Satan score a 5 on 5 goal after getting out of the box after taking a bad penalty two minutes earlier.  The play was made by Sid and Malkin, but I'm just happy to see Satan put something in the net at even strength at this point.  Hopefully that will light a fire under his ass and he should buy Malkin a steak tonight.

I also felt both Gill and Goligoski played a great game on defense tonight.  Goligoski saved our ass when our PP gave up a SH opportunity. 

Overall, great to see us get two on the road.  Bring on the Canes.
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2008 at 21:53 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: