Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 04:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holmes: Marijuana Possession  (Read 4223 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Oct 23, 2008 at 22:49 »

Dumb....

Steeler Santonio Holmes Accused Of Marijuana Possession
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2008 at 23:12 »

So what is this now? Incident #3 with this guy?

After the first incident I told myself that once he get's into a groove and realizes how things work in Pittsburgh, he will come around and things will be fine.

After the second incident, I started to worry.

Now we are at #3 and I'm convinced that this guy may be a very good WR, but he's an idiot.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2008 at 00:56 »

This will be bad news for the black and gold, if it proves to be of substance.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2008 at 01:13 »

"near Mellon Arena"

I'm not exactly sure which was the dumber decision on Santonio's part...

Smoking weed to begin with.

Smoking weed after you have been in two other altercations in the past.

Smoking weed near the Hill District where there is always a police presence.  Real smart.

Eitherway, a little slap on the wrist from Rooney.  If you can knock down a door, break a cell phone, physically attack a woman and not miss a game, I'm sure Holmes will be fine.  Now if his first name was Cedrick and last name Wilson, that's a different story. 
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2008 at 02:05 »

Steelers' Holmes to face possession charge
By Michael Hasch
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, October 24, 2008

Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes will be charged with possession of marijuana after three blunts were found inside his vehicle Thursday afternoon in Uptown, Pittsburgh police said.

Holmes was stopped about 4 p.m. near the intersection of Centre Avenue and Mario Lemieux Place by officers searching for a vehicle with a similar description.

When officers approached Holmes' vehicle, they smelled an odor of burning marijuana, police said.

Holmes, who was not carrying his driver's license, admitted to having a small amount of marijuana and pointed out the blunts -- a cigar filled with marijuana -- to officers.

Holmes, 24, will be sent a summons charging him with possession of marijuana.

Police said they stopped Holmes because they had been looking for a black sport utility vehicle with out-of-state plates believed to be carrying a large amount of narcotics. Police said Holmes was driving a black SUV with out-of-state plates, but it was not the vehicle they were seeking.

Holmes is in his third season with the Steelers. He is second on the team in receiving with 22 catches for 360 yards and one touchdown. He has 118 catches for 2,037 yards and 11 touchdowns in his NFL career.

Holmes, a native of Belle Glade, Fla., was the Steelers' No. 1 draft pick in 2006 out of Ohio State University. He was the school's fifth all-time receiver when he left school with 140 receptions for 2,295 yards.

Holmes was arrested in June 2006 on charges of domestic violence in Columbus, Ohio. He was charged with assaulting LaShae Boone, the mother of one of his three children. The charges were dropped when Boone chose not to go forward with the case.

Holmes was also arrested for disorderly conduct in Miami in May 2006. Those charges were later dropped by the Miami Police Department.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_595004.html
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2008 at 06:27 »

Real dumbass move.  Smoke all you want when you retire.  Play now, keep your nose clean.

This could hurt the season.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2008 at 07:44 »

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Momma always said stupid is as stupid does.

I am with Finny on this one, smoke it up....AFTER you retire. Grr!

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2008 at 08:04 »

Why, why, WHY does these young men do this crazy-ass stuff? Didn't they learn anything from Michael & Marcus Vick, among the many others?Huh? Is burning some weed worth losing your respectability, money, whatever?? F-ing THINK!  Huh?

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2008 at 08:05 »

Geez.

I've never been anti-marijuana because I've always seen the effects as less destructive than other drugs and even alcohol in some instances.

Yeah i know it's illegal and against league rules, but that's not stopping any of the likely > 50% of the league that partakes.

Jesus dude, smoke if you want to smoke, but how about doing it in your mansion? How about the offseason? How about not during a fucking brutal 6 game stretch?

Or how about dropping your college buddies that have caused you nothing but trouble? You're held to a higher standard now.

With the negative press the team has been given lately, this is going to be a multi-game suspension by the league.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2008 at 08:17 »

Any truth to the rumor that Sweed planted it?
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: