Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 16:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aaron Smith personal issue  (Read 711 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Oct 29, 2008 at 14:04 »

Just read a rumor post at SCI that Aaron's personal issue is that his son was diagnosed with leukemia and was receiving treatments.  Don't know if it's true; implication was that the local media respectfully sat on the story.  It would certainly have the gravity that the media silence and Tomlin and Keisel's comments would convey (Keisel tearing up over Smith even playing).  In the same thread, someone posted that it has a 95% recovery rate, which, if this is true, offers some hope.

Love 91 as a player, and he deserves every ounce of praise he's getting from the team right now.  Unbelievable commitment to his game to even show up at a time like this.  Man, I hope Holmes understands the sacrifice Smith had to make to play.

Thoughts and prayers to the Smith family.  It must be an incredibly difficult time, just unimaginable.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2008 at 15:43 »

Unbelievable. My prayers to his family. I can't imagine trying to work, let alone play at the level he plays at with that weighing on my mind.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2008 at 17:07 »

That's too bad.  Wonder if it was cathartic to knock the shit out of people for a few hours?

Prognosis sounds very promising, so that's good.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2008 at 20:34 »

He is a man among  boys. If his son is anything like his father, he will beat it.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2008 at 22:13 »

If his son is anything like his father, he will beat it.

Amen to that.

Several heartbreaking kid related stories around the league this year.  Smith, Matt Bryant losing his child...there was another, I think, but I can't remember exactly who...

Fucking devastating to say the least.  I wouldn't wish that on...a Browns/Bengals/Ravens fan.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2008 at 23:47 »

Wow.  I hadn't heard.  My thoughts and prayers are with Aaron and his family.

I know I say this about all the guys, but I love 91.  He plays his ass off and makes me happy to be a Steeler fan.  Even if his helmet always looks 2 sizes too small.

God Bless, Aaron.  Hugs to your kid.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: