Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 23, 2014 at 07:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Therrien changes up lines...again.  (Read 702 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Oct 29, 2008 at 17:46 »

Penguins to use new lines against Phoenix
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
By Shelly Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
S
AN JOSE, Calif. -- Penguins coach Michel Therrien reworked the team's forward line combinations at practice today at HP Pavilion, separating leading scorers Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby.

The move came a day after the Penguins were held to 11 shots, tying a franchise low, in a 2-1 loss to the San Jose Sharks. They flew to Phoenix after practice to play the Coyotes tomorrow night.

Crosby had been playing with Malkin and Pascal Dupuis. Ruslan Fedotenko replaced Malkin, with Dupuis remaining -- although Dupuis was hit by a shot and left practice early. There was no immediate word on his status.

Malkin, who leads the team with 15 points, is back at center, between left winger Matt Cooke and right winger Petr Sykora.

Jordan Staal, who had been centering the second line, remained in the middle but moved to the third line between Miroslav Satan and Tyler Kennedy.

The fourth line has Mike Zigomanis with wingers Paul Bissonnette and Eric Godard.

Center Max Talbot remained out with an undisclosed injury.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08303/923822-100.stm
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2008 at 17:53 »

And here we go again.  I guess you have to do something.  Eleven shots in a game is not going to cut it.

Satan still remains on that third line, that's just sad and it speaks volumes in my book.  He's keeping Fedotenko on that first line, which I like for the most part.  Would I rather have Cheechoo or Huselius?  You better fucking believe it, but at least Fedotenko is taking advantage of the opportunity.  He's busting his ass, moving his legs, getting himself in good position, getting scoring chances/shots on net and is producing.  He's earned it.

Staal can't be happy and I can't blame Therrien for moving him down.  The guy is not producing.  At least he has his age as an excuse, but he still needs to show us more than what he has been showing us this season.  While it appears that he's hustling more often over the last three or four games, he's still not producing.  Bottomline.....you need to produce if your going to play on the top two lines.

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2008 at 21:17 »

And let the rumors begin....

Pens/Thrashers Blockbuster In The Works?<

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=ATL
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=PIT

Shanahan: Could He Replace Malone?
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2008 at 21:56 »

I love the Kovalchuk rumor.  Take more than Staal, I'd think; probably have to be Goligoski or (*crosses fingers*) Whitney too.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2008 at 22:30 »

might buy the rumor...

Whitney (please), Gonchar, Satan (please), first round pick or Staal.  Eitherway, I do not see Kovalchuk playing in a Penguins uniform.  Now, if Slava Kozlov's name is brought up, then that is more plausible.

As for the Shanny rumor.  He's hitting 40 in January and while he has put up 20+ goals over the last two/three seasons, his numbers are dropping as each year passes.  I do not want another Recchi/Sydor/LeClair situation.

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2008 at 01:08 »

Found this to be a little odd.  I'm not hearing a damn thing about any deal with the Thrashers....

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=616&id=23829

Feaster wasn't even on the show.  It appears that FOF heard a rumor and reported it as fact.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: