Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 19, 2014 at 19:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polamalu, Parker, other starters back in the groove  (Read 470 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Nov 01, 2008 at 12:50 »

Polamalu, Parker, other starters back in the groove
Saturday, November 01, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

New father Troy Polamalu will resume his duties as a football player Monday night after his wife gave birth to their first child on Friday.

Polamalu, the Steelers' four-time Pro Bowl free safety, missed practice Friday and today to be with his wife, Theodora. The couple had a son.

Today, Willie Parker went through another practice and should make his first appearance at halfback Monday night in more than a month. He has not played since Sept. 21, when his left knee was sprained.

Guard Chris Kemoeatu returned to practice after missing Friday with a sprained ankle. However, offensive tackle Marvel Smith again missed practice because of back problems, and Max Starks will make his third consecutive start on the left side for him.

Mitch Burger will return to punt Monday night, his two hamstrings healed sufficiently. The Steelers today released Ricky Schmitt, a punter signed early in the week, from their practice squad. Linebacker Donovan Woods, released last week from the 53-man roster, was signed to the practice squad today.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08306/924699-66.stm
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2008 at 17:55 »

Hope the new long snapper is up to the task.  Still hard to believe they didn't have a better option available for emergencies.  cussing

Can't wait to see if they do a Parker/Moore 1-2 punch sort of thing or if Moore will strictly be 3rd down back.   helmet

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2008 at 18:02 »

Amongst all of this, glad to see Woods back, even if just on the PS.  Both he and Woods have looked good on STs.  I'd take Woods over Bailey but that's splitting hairs.

Guess Berger is well...which is important from the aspect of holding for XP/FGs as much as it is for punts.  I didn't want to see Ward hold on those.

Very happy Troy will be in on Monday, hope his kid/wife are well.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 11:55 »

Still hard to believe they didn't have a better option available for emergencies.

Yeah, but how often do you hear about the long-snapper getting hurt?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 16:40 »

Almost never.  But look what happens when they do.  My hindsight is perfect.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: