Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 19:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rant  (Read 1000 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2008 at 09:32 »

Special teams are better?  OK, yeah, because Berger punts the ball straight up in the air about 30 yards from the LOS.  That certainly eliminates the possibility of a good return from the opponents when everyone except the hobbled punter has the punt returner surrounded before the ball gets there. 

Can we agree that there is not a lot we can do about that?  Sepulveda going down was awful, Berger is punting hurt, so I'm generally pretty happy right now if we get the punt off and don't give up a big return.  KO returns should improve with Moore back there, and our kickoffs have been better.  In spite of the missed xp, Reed is about as dependable as they come.

We have a lot of room for improvement on the offensive side of the ball, no doubt.  I could go on for days about the playcalling, Ben, oline, et al.  But the bottom line is that we're 6-2, maybe better than we ever expected before the season, and at the halfway point we're 2nd in the AFC and undefeated in our conference/division.  Tomlin must be doing SOMETHING right.

And let's not forget that some other coordinators in the last few years that became HC somewhere.  Most of them are on their way out the door.  Whizzinator is the exception, but he inherited a pretty talented team as well.  And, we quite often complained about him when he was OC here--so tell me, would we really be that much better off in Pgh with someone other than Tomlin?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 2008 at 12:49 »

Nothing we can do about it unless we can get Pat Morita to rub his hands together and cure Sepulveda.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Nov 05, 2008 at 12:56 »

Just sign another punter, is what we can do.  Hell, either one of Paul McCartney's former wives could probably punt better right now.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: