Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 10:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's 1st press conference  (Read 639 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« on: Nov 07, 2008 at 14:48 »

Man, what a difference from Dubya. The contrast between the two is remarkable... Watching Obama just makes Bush look more and more like joke. How did that guy ever get to be President for 8 years (besides the cheating part)? Obama's demeanor is refreshing, and I hope that he can deliver on his promise to have a government that works for the people, instead of against them.

KTBFFH
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2008 at 15:37 »

I'll miss the old goober when he's gone...

He was always good for a laugh...

Quote from: CNN
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2008 at 15:53 »

Agree that Kerry should not be Sec of State. Richardson, I would be OK with. Hagel as well. I also agree that retaining Gates might be good move. He definitely is no Rummy, and has a good working relationship with Petreus (Amatreus Amatreus, Rock Me Amatreus), who now tackles Afg. Would also be a good sign of bipartisanship.

KTBFFH
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2008 at 22:23 »

So far, I'm liking a lot of what I'm seeing.
Strong candidates are being mentioned, so I'm optimistic.

I think Obama is very intelligent and smart enough to surround himself with knowledgeable advisors. 

I'm still the one with the boobs.
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2008 at 12:55 »

Can I be the conservative who criticizes Obama for dodging the direct taxation question, and his off the cuff comment about Nancy Reagan?

That aside, I'll echo some of the sentiments about his demeanor and personality.  Not bad for the first conference.  I'll go with a B.  I did snicker a bit at the "mut" comment about himself.  Nothing wrong with that type of humor in that environment.  He lost some points for the question dodging and the Reagan comment.  Other than that, I liked the image of the "army" behind him.  We're in a tough situation, and I'm sure people found reassurance in the numbers seen behind the President-elect.

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2008 at 14:12 »

I don't know what it is about Richardson and Rendell, but I would see either of those guys in the cabinet as a step backwards.  They both reek of Clinton Snake Oil.

Quote from: finny
How about bringing back Powell to that post?  As if he would. 

Powell as SoS would not only be a great appointment, but also Thee greatest fuck-off to the Bush admin.  Dunno.  Maybe he'd come back.  I hope Obama at least asks.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: