Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 03:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting sick to my stomach...several times  (Read 476 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Nov 14, 2008 at 13:24 »

Got a busy day going, but let me list several things that made me sick about the Pats/Jets game last night:

1.  The eternal man love for Brett Favre.

2.  The more eternal man love for Bill Bellycheat-- "What an amazing comeback!  What a wonderful coaching job!"  I don't care if it's for real, still makes me sick.  Lasagna is the real deal, but too much of it still makes me puke.
     And btw, some defensive genius!  Yeah, they look awesome on that side of the ball.

3.  The "Matt Cassell has come into his own" and "He's looking at a big payday next year."  If I had a line that could block and a set of receivers like that, I could post a passer rating of at least 75.  We'll see how good he is when he's starting for Oakland or Detroit next year.

4.  The Comeback.  How in the crap did the Jets let them go down the field in 1:04?  I'll tell you how:  The PREVENT Defense.  As one guy said, the only thing it "prevents" is you winning the game.

5.  Mike Greenberg actually said that the Jets/Patriots was "the most heated rivalry in the NFL." 

Uh, no...not even close.

Didn't I just hear a whole thing about bounties and death threats between the Ravens and Steelers?  There's your rivalry.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2008 at 13:46 »

Relax.

And take the Pastor Ed Young challenge.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2008 at 15:00 »

(1) As I mentioned in an old 2008 NFL Predictions thread (that I have no idea where it would be now), I think the Jets not only win the East this year, they go deep in the playoffs.  The more comfortable Favre gets within the system, the better they'll be.  I expected it to happen by the midpoint so...I guess I was a few weeks off.   B)  If you think the man love is flowing for him now, wait and see what happens next week when they go to Tennessee and beat the TITans.  I'll take the 4-6.5 points that Tennessee will undoubtedly be giving right now.

(2) I see red whenever BB pops up on my TV screen.  Every time they flashed to the sideline and he was wiping his snot on that sweat drenched hoodie that he loves, I kept hoping that he'd have an aneuresym (sp?) right then and there.  The guy is just a dick.

(3) Cassell to Minnesota.  Book it now.  And, they should.  As long as they don't overpay too much, it'll be a good move for the Vikes.  I hate to say it, but he looked impressive.  Much moreso than say, Flacco.  However, he looked his best after NY went up 24-6 because Mangina essentially turtled with 4 minutes and change left in the SECOND QUARTER and basically rushed 3 or 4 for the rest of the game.  Letting Cassell throw for 716 yards.  That kinda answers (4) somewhat.

(4) See ending of (3) above.

(5) Eh, can't really blame Greenie for making that comment.  As a Jets fan, his hatred for the Patriots has blinded him a bit.  Tirico said the same thing, IIRC.  My question is, before the whole Mangina to NY thing, did anyone care?  I could name a half dozen rivalries, easy, that are more intense.

Alls I knows is, the Jets covered.  Patriots lost.  Pats fans cried.  Those faggy mountaineer guys dressed in "Patriot" garb that kept popping their true to life, yet made of plastic muskets after each Patriot comeback TD were left holding their berries in one hand and their manhood in the other.  C'mon, man.  Life is good.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2008 at 15:55 »

Cassell to Minnesota.  Book it now.  And, they should.

Hmmm...didn't think of that one.  Okay, that's not so bad.

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2008 at 15:57 »

Relax.

And take the Pastor Ed Young challenge.

Is that the one where the husband and wife are supposed to do the deed every day for 30 days?

Tried to sell the wife on that one.  Pulled out scripture and everything...

...still gettin' nothin!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: