Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 28, 2014 at 19:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomlin  (Read 949 times)
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2008 at 17:18 »

SING CRIS GRADKOSKI!!1  HE NEVER HAS A PUNT BLOKED IN LIKE 3 MILLON PUNTS IN A ROW!!

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2008 at 20:09 »

What you guys fail to notice is that Ernster is an excellent holder.  Fuck the punting duties.  That guy is money as Reed's holder.  Nobody can catch, set and spin like this guy.

Did you see him handle that horrible snap on the last PAT?

Got it down lickety split.  Lovely move.

When I think of "clutch," I think of Paulie "Laces OUT!" Ernster.

I know that you're being sarcastic, but, I hate to say it...that's kind of important.  At this point, the LAST thing we need is some ham-fisted guy coming in to learn to do that, just as we are ramping up to play some tougher opponents, then blowing it.

Can you imagine some newly signed punter having a Romo moment late against the Pasties, preventing us from a win?  My head would explode.

Still, we're screwed if we don't, because that guy sucks it, big time.

What I don't understand, is why Tomlin didn't immediately have Dixon start learning these duties once he made the final cut. It would provide some stability through 2008 (we KNEW that Robopunter is out this year, probably back next, and should have foreseen that we might need to change punters mid-season) and it would allow for a much more interesting FG unit as far as fake field goals go.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: