Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 16:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devils vs Pens  (Read 717 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Nov 29, 2008 at 00:16 »

The Devils have been playing pretty damn good hockey considering they are minus Brodeur. They are currently on a five game winning streak and have been resting up since the 26th. Clemmensen has been playing solid, Parise is playing very well and Gionta and Elias are not too far behind Parise when it comes to point production. Madden is the guy we have to watch tonight, he always has a picnic against us. The Devils rank #4 overall when it comes to killing penalties on the road. For a team who has only one goal on twenty-two PP chances over the last five games, that's not exactly the most comforting news in the world.

It will be interesting to see what Therrien does tonight with the goalie situation. After the way Curry has played over the last two games, I would have no problem seeing him back in there. Therrien might choose to go with Sabourin because of the back-to-back nights. I'm sure Sabourin will get the nod. 

IMO, Therrien needs to stick with Malkin and Crosby on the same line with Talbot on the other side.  What else can you do?  In a perfect world you would have Sid on one line and Malkin centering the second line, but Dupuis and Satan are not getting it done. They went with the Dupuis-Sid-Satan line for the first period against the Sabres last night and final result was zero production. Sid and Malkin team up in the second period and Sid rings off two goals with the help from Malkin.  Dupuis hasn't scored a goal in 15 games and Satan has one goal in 9 games.  Yeah, it's not working.

Also, Pesonen had zero goals, zero assists and zero shots on goal against Buffalo.  He started off playing on a line with Malkin and Sykora.

And more bad news, Therrien has confirmed that Fleury is now officially considered "week-to-week". There was no comment on Boucher's status, but from what I've heard his chances on playing tonight are slim. Looks like Eaton will get another shot. For the Devils, Brodeur, Rolston, Greene and Holik are listed as "out".
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2008 at 00:18 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2008 at 22:50 »

It's amazing what Crosby can do when he has some talent playing on his line.  He had two goals against Buffalo while playing with Malkin and three goals and one assist against New Jersey while playing with Malkin.  He now has 6 goals and 3 assists over the last 3 games.

Dupuis was a healthy scratch tonight and I guess you can say Satan has been a healthy scratch for the last ten games because he has been f-ing invisible.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 03:42 »

And for those who missed it...

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 22:50 »

That's the best who's ever lived. Nobody has to put up with the crap he does and he'll baptized most NHL records into extinction.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 23:34 »

That's the best who's ever lived. Nobody has to put up with the crap he does and he'll baptized most NHL records into extinction.

Mario was better.  He put up with thee exact same crap #87 does.  Diving, he's a whiner, etc.  Sid'll never touch #66's points per game record, but that's no slight on the Kid.  Gretzky wasn't close, either. 

Hopefully Crosby quits smoking earlier in his career.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 14:18 »

Sid still has a long, long, long way to go before he can claim to be the best ever or even in the same class as Wayne and Mario.  Eventually, I think he will be mentioned in that same class, but right now it's way too early.  He's only in his fourth year as a pro.  It also depends on who Shero puts around him.  I will say this though, the one thing Sid does better than either of the two in my opinion is that he plays a better defensive game/back-checking.  Overall, he's a more aggressive player and better skater.

Personally, I do not care if he ever reaches the class/numbers of Lemieux or Gretzky.  I'm just enjoying the ride and the chance to be able to watch both Crosby-Malkin on the same team and remembering what it was like long before and up to the early 90's, in the late 90's and early 2000's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: