Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 00:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worthy of it's own thread - Welker hit  (Read 2434 times)
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« on: Nov 30, 2008 at 23:23 »

I absolutely love this Welker hit - It was well worth the 15 yards to put the beat down on that team

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2008 at 23:53 »

The penalty was nonexistant.  The ball was tipped.  Welker should thank his god that the ball never made it through, or else he'd be a head on a pillow right about now.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 04:53 »

Welker, Patriots feel wrath -- pain -- of Steelers football

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- You could see it coming. You knew that Wes Welker was just seconds away from losing his senses, his head or both.

As Welker approached the middle of the field while running a crossing route, Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark had a radar lock on him. The pass to Welker was thrown slightly in front of him, leaving Welker more than slightly vulnerable. Clark was going to take advantage of the dangerous throw by Matt Cassel.

Clark put a hit on Welker that caused anyone who saw it to violently gasp. Welker looked like one of those boardwalk whack-a-mole games. His body crumbled to the ground, and how he was able to walk away from the hit is a testament to the toughness and malleability of the human body. The hit was brutal, nasty and frightening.

But it wasn't dirty.

It was football.

Clark was penalized for the hit by game officials -- he shouldn't have been -- and he'll likely be fined by the league. But the hit wasn't dirty. It was intimidating and facemask-bending, but it wasn't dirty.

"It wasn't like I was trying to be cheap," Clark said. "Anybody that comes across (the middle) it's my job to tackle them. The ball got tipped, but (the official) said I shouldn't have left my feet. I didn't know how to control that. I talked to (Patriots running back) Kevin Faulk and apologized. I couldn't find Welker after the game to tell him I wasn't trying to be dirty."

There was no need to apologize to anybody. Don't be a wuss.

The Steelers won, 33-10, in an ugly game played mostly in a steady rain. That's the good news for Pittsburgh. The Steelers are clearly one of the premier teams of the league. They established that fact with a convincing victory over a solid Patriots team.

But the Steelers also are likely to inspire another round of questions about their style of play after the Welker hit and another hit witnessed by me that many people didn't notice.

Thus all of this leads to a question. Does Pittsburgh play dirty?

My answer? Hell, no. But dirty appears to be in the eye of the observer.

Many people will say the Steelers play cheap after the hit on Welker is dissected and discussed.

Yet just because the hit was violent doesn't mean it was dirty. Nor was it excessive.

It was football.

Remember what that is?

There was a similar play in the game few likely spotted that involved another Steelers player, this one accused of crossing the line in the past, wide receiver Hines Ward.

In the second quarter, Ward was in the slot position, on the right side of the field. After the ball was snapped he traversed across the grain and zeroed in on an unsuspecting Brandon Meriweather, the safety for the Patriots, who was providing run support.

Meriweather didn't see the receiver barreling down until it was too late. Ward knew this. He increased his speed and bashed an unprepared Meriweather up high. Meriweather was knocked to the ground and looked to be momentarily stunned and after the play exchanged words with Ward.

"Ward is the best in the league at making you pay when you're not paying attention," Meriweather said. "That's his reputation."

Was it dirty?

"It wasn't dirty," Meriweather said. "It's just part of the game."

The play was not so different from the one where Ward cracked back on Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers in a game in October. The hit led to Rivers suffering a broken jaw.

"That's what he's known for," Bengals safety Chinedum Ndukwe said at the time about Ward. "You expect that coming in. People are going to take their shots when they can. Too bad he can't hit someone face up. It's too bad he has to wait until he's not looking to get him. It's unfortunate. It's the type of guy he is. That's all right. We play them again. He's a blind-side guy."

He is a blind-side guy.

But as Meriweather said, that's not dirty. It's borderline. It's angering. It gets opposing teams and opposing fans riled up, but it's not dirty.

When you play the Steelers, you know it's coming. So just be ready for it.
And stop crying.

So are the Steelers dirty?

Hell, no. But let the debate begin.

Or rather, let the debate continue.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11143041/1
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 08:42 »

Did you read any of the posts attached to that article?  The first one is hilarious - some whiny pastry fan.

I guess they've forgotten about one Rodney Harrison, voted by his peers as the "dirtiest player in the league, cheap-shot arteest extraordinaire."  Out of site, out of mind, right patsy fans?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 09:07 »

That penalty could have been really dumb if we were up like 6 and it turned into a Patsie lead. Hindsight I guess.

Watching the replay, he really lead with his shoulder. Not helmet to helmet!! Clark has been called twice for that this year on similar plays that I don't think are penalties. Would like to see what would be called if Ray-Ray or Ed Reed made that hit.

Anyways, fuck you Wes Welker. You want to make a living off 7 yard slants and stupid little underneath routes, this shit is going to happen.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 09:11 »

It was the exact same type of hit that some stupid patsy linebacker knocked himself out of the game on against Heath Miller.  Miller just caught a pass and the dude zeroed in for a violent hit.  Fortunately, Miller got his helmet lower - right under the guys' chin.  Was being vely crassic.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 09:49 »

Yeah, it shoulda been a penalty.  And yeah, it was worth it.  As mentioned, it sends a message to everybody that plays this team.  Watch your ass when you go over the middle.  These guys don't wear toe shoes to work, they wear MF'in football cleats.

Somewhat related and I don't know if anyone else caught it during the Ravens/Bengals game, did anybody see Housh trying to do his Hines Ward imitation only to get knocked on his ass?  It was in the second half I think, and a Bengal runner, it might've even been Fitzpatrick was running up the sideline for a gain with Ray Lewis trying to chase him down.  TJ came back and tried to lay a crackback block ala Ward on Lewis, but he sorta halfhearted it instead of running through the player.  As a result, he kinda eased off just before contact which gave Lewis an extra split second to notice him coming.  He was able to focus on Whosyourdaddy and leveled him, sending his cleats north.  Nice.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 10:53 »

I'm going to make a very un-preacher-like comment, which most of you are used to me doing anyway.  I don't care if it was a penalty or not, I absolutely loved that hit.  I have been waiting for almost two years for someone to lay out that little pissant weasel on his ticky-tack routes.  I know he's a great player and all, but it's more than about time that someone put a real hit on him and put a stop to that crap.  Well worth it.

My only question about penalty or not involves the ball still being live.  It was tipped, and I doubt that Welker could have caught it.  However, if the ball is still in the air then everything and everybody is still fair game, IMO.  I guess they were saying he "launched" himself, but I've seen worse cases of that as well.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 20:26 »

How about on the fourth-or-so replay when "Book'Em" Dano Deirdorf asks "na-now was this helmet-to-helmet (contact)?"

What a homer he was. Clark had clearly made the extra effort to square up and explode through that midget's chest like a fine otismalibu production. Fetish line.

If Welker somehow makes that catch he's hailed as a pint-sized hero who was working hard when the Steelers fell asleep.

"Don't ever count out Wes Welker. Wocka Wocka Wocka...". Right, Dan??

F you.

I'm going to make a very un-preacher-like comment, which most of you are used to me doing anyway.  I don't care if it was a penalty or not, I absolutely loved that hit.  I have been waiting for almost two years for someone to lay out that little pissant weasel on his ticky-tack routes.  I know he's a great player and all, but it's more than about time that someone put a real hit on him and put a stop to that crap.

Preach onward, Brother man. Although I'll take mini-exception with your referencing mini-Wes as a great player. He's a glorified Andre Hastings. All he does is go over the middle on drag routes. He's damn good at it, but he's completely one-dimensional.

It was the exact same type of hit that some stupid patsy linebacker knocked himself out of the game on against Heath Miller.  Miller just caught a pass and the dude zeroed in for a violent hit.  Fortunately, Miller got his helmet lower - right under the guys' chin.  Was being vely crassic.

That play was unbelieveable. Perhaps the middle-aged season's best. First-down pass over the middle with multiple defenders converging and Miller-time leverage-time's Pierre Woods' facemask and then gets gang-tackled deep in Cheater territory. Everyone knows how badly I dispise New England. Not everyone knows (because I am lazy) how upset I've been with our underutilization of a healthy Heath so far. He made that play just as I was calling for him to get a look and WHAM BAM RIGHT THERE ko'd Woods. I swear to all that Preach finds blessed I went against Deirdorf-pumping-Welker wishes and promptly began counting Woods out. Stopped at 10. Waived my arms. Au contraire, Pierre.

Tangential side note: That Matthew Slater cat got obliterated on some play before his KO return. I'm not saying 'twas reason for his key fumble. Just saying he got mercked. I only remember this because of the trainers being out there and we were making jokes about what the trainer was saying. "Do you remember who you are?"

"Why, Yes. I am Matt Slater."

*confused trainers*
"I guess ya are. Whatever. Lets get you off the field, son. Whoever you are."

Just lends credence to the point that the Steelers brought the wood last night and won the game with a great deal of tenacious physicality.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 20:58 »

Just lends credence to the point that the Steelers brought the wood last night and won the game with a great deal of tenacious physicality.
Tenacious Physicality.  That's another fine otismalibu production.  Bondage line.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 23:55 »

freakin loved the hit.  As soon as that hit happened i didnt care about that it extended their drive a little longer until another TO.  I thought back to last year and how smug that entire team was when we played them.  Brady gettin in the face of A. Smith after they had just scored.  all that bullshit of cheating the steelers from at least 2 more Super Bowls came full circle on that lone hit to a little fucking midget.  Belly "i wont comment on the hit" cheek, taking exception to the hit.  l-o-v-e-d it all!

even taylor's unsportsmanlike gave me a chuckle watching the chimp on the sidelines grasping for any amount of respect after his teams beatdown, by springing to life to point out the fact someone tossed a football at his player. boo fuckin hoo.

it must be something about a turd of a player getting jacked up that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.  I cant recall who jacked up "icecube" mcneil of the browns many moons ago, but this one was wayyyyyy better.

the steelers are feared!

and who gives a flying fudge what the perception of the steelers are.  we are badazz and thats all that matters

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 06:38 »

I just love the fact that a team of cocky punks got their butts handed to them and then whined all the way to the end because they didn't like it.  Most "bullies" (as they clearly were last year--running up scores, copyrighting 19-0, etc) don't like it when someone comes back and hits them in the mouth.  They usually cover up in the corner during the beatdown or run around crying. 

Clearly, the Patriots did the latter.  And it was absolutely hysterical.

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 14:53 »

And now the always expected bitching and crying from Boston....

Talk is cheap

Nose tackle Vince Wilfork said on WEEI radio yesterday that leading up to Sunday's game against Pittsburgh, the Patriots saw on film Steelers safety Ryan Clark deliver blows like the one he used to level Wes Welker.

Clark blasted Welker over the middle, leaving his feet to deliver a shoulder to the head, after a Matt Cassel pass had been tipped well out of Welker's reach. Welker left the game with 2:03 left in the third quarter and did not return. Clark was penalized for unnecessary roughness.

"Of course it was a cheap one," Wilfork told the radio station during his contractually obligated appearance. "We've seen it on film all year. He's nothing special. He's nothing special. He deserved that penalty. There are a lot of times they take shots, unnecessary shots on guys.

"If you're going to sit me down and send me to the commissioner's office for me playing in between the whistles you need to sit this guy down. The same thing I got punished for is the same thing he did.

"I've been fined. I've talked to the commissioner about my play. That was unnecessary. We've seen it all the time, leading up to this game; this guy taking shots when nobody is looking, or when it's out of the play, he's taking shots."
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 15:00 »

ROFLMAO...what a bunch of whiny little punks!!!  My 9 year old daughter is less whiny than that guy.

DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 18:14 »

little pissant weasel

I've been looking for a good description on him.  That's the best!
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 19:21 »

i love the replay of that hit....welker hitting the ground in a pike diver position, completlely ratteled...hate that mf making a living off those little 5 yard slants....no matter penalty or not, that hit tells the league to not f#$k with us, the middle is a place we will take care of...i was in amsterdam watching the game, only steeler fan and i was freaking out, that 2nd half was sick, no one can stop harrison held on every play.  i was in my own personal red light district i swear i kept it in my pants...

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 19:51 »

"unnecessary hit on a defensive receiver".....GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK

next thing you know is...."unnecessary interception" or "defensive line interference"

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
jrobnz

« Reply #17 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 06:00 »

NFL defends Wes Welker hit
Blow to Welker legal, part of game
By Ron Borges | Wednesday, December 3, 2008 | http://www.bostonherald.com |

It looked bad and surely it felt worse, but Ryan Clark's explosive hit on Wes Welker on Sunday was neither illegal nor unnecessary. It was a consequence of what pro football is and what Welker has done to opposing teams the past few seasons. Most importantly, it was within the rules.

When the Steelers free safety all but split the tiny wide receiver in half as he ran across the face of Pittsburgh's defense, it felt like you could hear the collision in the stands. It looked even worse on television as a slowing Welker was leveled by a speeding bullet who threw his shoulder into the receiver's body as Matt Cassel's errant pass twisted in the air behind him.

It was gruesome, yet Patriots [team stats] fans and radio talk show hosts who chattered on about how Clark "launched himself" at Welker, leaving his feet and throwing his shoulder illegally, are wrong. They, like Donovan McNabb, do not know the rules.

"A lot of people think it's a foul to leave your feet," NFL vice president of officiating Mike Pereira said yesterday from New York. "Launching is not a foul. There is nothing in the rulebook that states that at all. It's a misconception people have.

"It is a foul to hit with your helmet against a defenseless receiver. It is a foul to throw a forearm into the neck or head area of your opponent. I don't think either of those things happened. I'm not a fan of those high hits but if you do it with your shoulder you're OK."

Next we come to the fact the ball still was live. It had not hit the ground and it still was in front of Clark. In fact, a teammate to his left, had he reacted quicker, might have intercepted it.

As for Welker being defenseless, he was running across the defense in Clark's direction. If he didn't see him it was because he wasn't looking, and if he wasn't looking it was because he was looking back for the football. What he was doing was slowing up in the middle of a highway, a decision that defies common sense and is one he is not likely to repeat.

As to the hit itself, Pereira was clear (as was the video) Clark made sure to stay within the rules.

"He does actually lead with the shoulder on a high hit up in the area of the neck, but he left the helmet out of the contact," Pereira said. "When you look at it and slow it down it probably was not an illegal hit. You might have to factor in that it was deflected early and does that make it become late. But the actual hit itself is probably OK."

Immediately after the game Clark was unapologetic beyond his concern for Welker's health, saying he believed he had done nothing wrong, which he hadn't. Rodney Harrison [stats] makes the same hit on Marvin Harrison, everyone from Portland to Providence is crowing, "That's Patriot football!" Let the collision be in the other direction and it is dirty football.

No, it was not. It was hardnosed football. It was Steelers football dating back to the 1970s and a safety named Donnie Shell, who had the right name there. When Clark took off like a bullet, at a receiver who has been tormenting safeties like him for two years on just such shallow routes, what he saw was an open receiver and a pass in the air.

As he closed, he purposely turned his head away from making contact with Welker's head and delivered a thunderous blow. Welcome to the NFL.

Clark reminded us that this time a year ago he was in a hospital bed after having had first his spleen and then his gall bladder removed a few weeks after playing in Denver. Clark underwent two serious surgeries and lost a goodly amount of weight off his 5-foot-11, 205-pound frame.

"I was lying in a hospital last year," Clark pointed out. "I'm not trying to hurt anybody. It was not like I was trying to be cheap. Anybody that comes across (the middle) it's my job to tackle them. If I don't do my job I'm going to be out there having to find another way to take care of my family and pay my bills. The ball got tipped but the official said I should not have left my feet."

If that was the call it was incorrect, Pereira points out. Yet even at that, Pereira was not opposed to a mistaken flag being thrown because of the shocking nature of the collision and the need to protect players from the game's obvious violence.

"The actual hit itself is probably OK but the officials are told to err on the side of safety," Pereira said. "That was a tough call to make in real time but we want to lean toward safety. The rule clearly states if you don't lead with your helmet it's not a foul, but we threw the flag and I'm happy we did because I think we need to do it when in real time it looks so tough. It looked like a decleater type hit."

But it wasn't.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #18 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 07:18 »

In some corner of hell it is snowing.  The NFL and a Boston paper defending the Steelers?  I suggest that everyone start repenting because this must be the end of days...

PUMA
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 07:31 »

"The actual hit itself is probably OK but the officials are told to err on the side of safety," Pereira said. "That was a tough call to make in real time but we want to lean toward safety. The rule clearly states if you don't lead with your helmet it's not a foul, but we threw the flag and I'm happy we did because I think we need to do it when in real time it looks so tough. It looked like a decleater type hit."

So...as long as it is a call for "safety" reasons, it's okay to get the call WRONG???  What in the world is that???

Since when did it become acceptable for an official to make the WRONG call as long as it is to "err on the side of safety?" 

Let me tell you Mike:  You may not have a problem with it, but I have a serious problem with it.  The goal should be to get the call CORRECT!  That is your job.  If you want to be a babysitter, then go down to the local Girl Scout chapter and get your badge and trek on out to the 'burbs with some nicely-printed flyers.  Your job is to get the call RIGHT, and not to "err" at all if possible.

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 10:21 »

I felt it was a clean when it happened and I still feel it was a clean hit.  I would be saying the exact same thing if it were Santonio Holmes or Hines Ward laying on the field.

Preach, I agree with you 100%, but I'm at the point right now with the NFL that I'm just happy he's not suspended and fined for playing the game of football.  Apparently, it's still permitted to jack up a player when he's coming across the middle and not paying attention involving a play where the ball is tipped and still up in the air.  Thank God. 

It has given me some hope.
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2008 at 10:47 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 11:14 »

I'm at the point right now with the NFL that I'm just happy he's not suspended and fined for playing the game of football.

I guess we have to look for some light whenever and wherever we can find it from the league offices.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #22 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 11:30 »

Suprising news, that.  Thought fer sure he's be hit with a $10K fine.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 13:07 »

It's only Wednesday.  I think the fines come out This afternoon or tomorrow.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 17:41 »

From whiny-ass Simmons.

Cowboys (+3) over STEELERS
Marion Barber, you're gonna love that sloppy Heinz Field. In other news, I am now actively rooting against the Steelers after Ryan Clark's Jack Tatum-esque cheap shot on Wes Welker. If that had been done to a quarterback, he would have been handcuffed on the spot, thrown in jail and banned from professional football. The Karma Police are coming for you, Ryan Clark. You just wait.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 17:46 »

Simmons is such a cunt.

Rudy got owned. It's called football.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #26 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 17:46 »

From whiny-ass Simmons.

Cowboys (+3) over STEELERS
Marion Barber, you're gonna love that sloppy Heinz Field. In other news, I am now actively rooting against the Steelers after Ryan Clark's Jack Tatum-esque cheap shot on Wes Welker. If that had been done to a quarterback, he would have been handcuffed on the spot, thrown in jail and banned from professional football. The Karma Police are coming for you, Ryan Clark. You just wait.

Ha, what else would you expect from that wanker. Talk about Karma police, they were in NE earlier this year shooting at Brady's knee. This is the team that blantantly ran up the score all season on everybody passing when they were up 40 at halftime.

If Roidny Harrison makes that hit, he's the second coming.

Fuck him and every Patriot homer out there. I seriously hope that last week we started those asshole's downward spiral into many, many playoff-less seasons.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #27 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 18:06 »

If Roidny Harrison makes that hit, he's the second coming.

Fuck him and every Patriot homer out there. I seriously hope that last week we started those asshole's downward spiral into many, many playoff-less seasons.

I knew that no-talent hack would have some bullshit comments.  And no doubt about Roidny.  Tearing up a knee for the season or whatever has him out?  Sounds like the Karma Police already got there.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Dec 06, 2008 at 10:59 »

I find it deliciously ironic that Wilfork is bitching about the hit.  Coming from Mr. Eye-gouge himself, that's some funny shit.

Oh yeah, and fuck Bill Simmons.  I stopped reading his stupid ass a long time ago, and I still have a hard time wondering how he's employed.  If he were such a homer for a team ESPN didn't like love, would he ever be a featured columnist? 

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #29 on: Dec 06, 2008 at 12:03 »

If he were such a homer for a team ESPN didn't like love, would he ever be a featured columnist? 

Absolutely not.  He'd be just another blogger on the series of tubes.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2008 at 13:06 »

I've read a lot of amateur blogs out there that are better than his drivel.

Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #31 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 07:15 »

I am amazed that someone who works for the unbiased press would be allowed to spew such one-sided nonsense.  You can feel that way but you shouldn't be given that forum.  I just stopped reading that nonsense.  I would rather spend my time reading biased one-sided nonsense spewed here.  At least it is skewed in my direction...

PUMA
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 17:12 »

I've read a lot of amateur blogs out there that are better than his drivel.

Most posts on this site are infinitely more insightful than that boner.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Dec 09, 2008 at 13:08 »

Most posts on this site are infinitely more insightful than that boner.

And that is a saaaaad statement about the quality of ESPN.com!  Grin Grin Grin

Pages: 1 2 ... 4 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: