Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 17:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spot the horseshit.  (Read 364 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Nov 30, 2008 at 23:34 »

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-439/Ugly-loss-aside--Patriots-are-in-the-hunt.html

The last quarter of the season will be arduous for New England: at the Seattle Seahawks, at the Oakland Raiders, home against the Arizona Cardinals, at the Buffalo Bills. But the Patriots have proven they know how to manage a campaign.

Um... I think you should look up the meaning of the word 'arduous' before you use it in a sentence.  I think the word you wanted was 'cakewalk'. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 09:27 »

Did Bill Simmons change his name?  Is it even fair to play both West Coast divisions in the same season? 

Finny's head struggling to roll back from behind the sofa?  That's arduous.  It's no cakeroll being a head on a pillow.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 20:18 »

Arduous?  Are you effing kidding me?  tell you what, we'll take any three games on the Pats schedule and give them Dallas, Balty, and Tennessee - then come talk.  Whiny bitches have to go to the West coast a few times - with the teams they're playing, it's like a 2 week vacation in midseason.

"We blew an opportunity today," Patriots left guard Logan Mankins said. "We'd be in first place. We blew a big one today. As the season goes on each game gets bigger and bigger. It'll be another big week."

Umm, no.  Blowing an opportunity is letting a game you had under control get away (see us vs. Indy).  Getting your ass handed too you in the second half and losing by more than 3 TDs is nothing like "blowing an opportunity."

Agreed, that article reeked of Simmons.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 08:51 »

Love those kinds of articles for the comments alone.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: