Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 21:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What stadiums would you NOT want the Steelers to go to for the playoffs?  (Read 506 times)
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« on: Dec 05, 2008 at 12:20 »

(In general, not specific to 08)

For me its the following:

1) Foxborough
2) Meadowlands
3) Jacksonville -Qualcomm Stadium?

New England has been the house of horrors for the Steelers.  I'm glad we got over the hump this year, but I'd not want to go back there for a while.

Meadowlands has been equally painful.  It's one stadium we never do well in.  Remember the Jets in 2003, last year, and the nailbiter against the Giants in 04' that we should have blown them out?  Why we can't play there, I don't know.

Jacksonville- another stadium that this team has problems in Loss to a bad team in 2001, a tight game against a far less talented team in 04', and the debacle in 06'.  I want to avoid this team wherever possible.

Strangely enough I think we play decent at many other stadiums like AFC North teams, Denver, San Diego, Tennessee, etc...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 13:56 »

Foxborough
Tennessee

We've won a fair number of games at Jax, and we really don't play at the Meadowlands enough for it to be an issue.  But I'm pretty sure that we've only won one time in TN since 1997? 

In fact, I'd prefer that we avoid the Titans altogether.  They usually out-Steeler the Steelers.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 15:43 »

Heinz Field.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 17:19 »

Call me crazy, but I think we can rule out Jacksonville as a possible playoff stop for the Steelers this season.  Grin

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 17:33 »

Are you kidding me?  I'd LOVE to go to NE this year.  We're clearly more talented and infinitely tougher than the Pasties.  I'd love to watch those fucks shuffling out in the third quarter of a playoff game.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 17:40 »

I'm a superstitious fan.  My major superstition is playing a team in the playoffs that we already beat. That goes double if we happen to beat the Ravens in Baltimore and they somehow manage to sneak in the wildcard.

I especially hate playing a team again that we already blew out. Always seems like they adjust their gameplan and we don't.

So to answer the question, it doesn't matter where we play (this team seems to thrive on the road anyway), but who we play.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: