Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 21, 2014 at 07:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avery Suspended  (Read 1969 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2008 at 09:21 »

Avery unlikely to return to Stars.

He may as well be radioactive - they want nothing to do with the guy.  Tippett can't imagine how they'd take him back.  Even Hull, who played with Avery in Detroit and pushed to get him signed in Dallas, has distanced.

That dude must be a major piece of shit.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2008 at 20:31 »

There we go, here's an apology......http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3743305

For those Penguin fans out there who are mentally destroyed by this incident, it's not like the guy broke down a door, snapped a cell phone in half and slapped a girl in the face like James Harrison, but that's easily ignored and forgotten when he's beating the shit out of the opposing QB on a Sunday afternoon/night.  That's funny.
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2008 at 21:02 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2008 at 21:21 »

This whole story is amusing to me.

You have these 'thug gangsta's' out there who are getting arrested for drugs and domestic violience and bustde for steroids.  Yet the these so-called fans of the NHL are ready to jump on Avery for making classless and idiotic comments.

We have these thug bums shooting guns, taking/selling drugs and physically attacking women on a yearly basis, but Avery is the one the who is making headline news.  It's a joke.  The thug bums in other sports get away with murder and nothing is said.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 09:33 »

So he got 6 games, retro to the 2 he's already missed.  Big whoop, that's roughly equivalent to 1 NFL game or 12 MLB games.

The issue now is how do the Stars deal with the guy after the owner, coach and players are on record that they don't want the asshole back?  I heard that before this mess they were gonna send him down to the AHL but Manitoba insisted they didn't want him.

Maybe they'll give him a sloppy second chance!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 12:08 »

So eight games total, along with anger management classes...I was expecting more after seeing how this 'story' was panning out over the last few days.  That's still six games more than many players get after cross-checking another player over the skull.  I do not see how that makes sense, but whatever.

If the Stars have that big of a problem with the guy and they feel this verbal incident is beyond repair, I'm sure at least one of the other twenty-nine teams in the league would take a shot at him.  I'm sure other owners/gm's are aware of the risks that come along with Avery.  Much like how Tom Hicks, Brett Hull and Les Jackson were aware of the risks before they decided to throw a contract in front of Avery's face back in July.

If teams were willing to sign Probert after he spent time in a Minnesota federal prison after getting arrested for cocaine possession in 1989 and then getting arrested for DUI in 1994, I'm sure there are teams out there who will want Avery.  Even after Detroit's senior VP stated, "This is the end.  In my 12 years with the organization, we've never spent more time on one player and his problems than we have on Probert.", Chicago was still willing to sign and keep him around for another seven years.

Craig MacTavish killed a woman back in 1984 with his car while driving drunk.  He did a year in jail, was released by the Bruins and the Oilers picked him up.  He went on to player for the Rangers, Flyers and Blues.  Vehicular homicide while intoxicated did not stop four other teams from picking him up.

I'm sure Avery will be fine if the Stars decide to trade him.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: